Comfort Food

Roland B

You've just argued with your wife/ husband, girlfriend / boyfriend, boss/subordinate.

What do the P&B masses turn to as that comfort food? It doesn't remove your problems. It assists in putting them to the back of your mind.

For me, it's a lovely broccoli based salad. With chips and a mock chop supper. (add Single steak pie if I'm feeling particularly low). There was a particularly interesting piece on my local radio today and it appears most comfort foods are starch / carbo based for most nationalities- what's yours?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've just argued with your wife/ husband, girlfriend / boyfriend, boss/subordinate.

What do the P&B masses turn to as that comfort food? It doesn't remove your problems. It assists in putting them to the back of your mind.

For me, it's a lovely broccoli based salad. With chips and a mock chop supper. (add Single steak pie if I'm feeling particularly low). There was a particularly interesting piece on my local radio today and it appears most comfort foods are starch / carbo based for most nationalities- what's yours?

Broccoli is not, under any circumstances, comfort food.

Plain chocolate digestives, tattie scones, Tunnocks teacakes. THATS comfort food.

I don't have any in particular tbh. I just eat any junk food I can get my hands on. This always only happens when I'm hungover on a Sunday though.

If I had to pick I'd say crisps / pizza or anything from the chippy

Do you find yourself, on a Sunday tea time ordering WAY too much food from the local takeaway? You think you need it all, sounds tasty and you eat about half?

You seem upset, maybe some Baskin Robbins may help?

Raging. I'm going to eat six dozen refresher bars to cool my angst.

Either a fry up or a meaty as f**k pizza

To be fair, a fry up and a pint will clear up most problems- as long as you follow up with a few more pints.

A fry up on it's own can also do the trick, providing you lie on the settee and sleep it off!

Do you find yourself, on a Sunday tea time ordering WAY too much food from the local takeaway? You think you need it all, sounds tasty and you eat about half?

Yup. Every single time. Order far too much and never touch most of it...

Archived