By election updates

Mr Rational

Over-simplification perhaps on Copeland but - % of vote lost by UKIP looks like it went straight to the Tories while the % of vote lost by Labour is covered by the % gains of the Lib Dems & the independent candidate.

Awful result for Labstain but would be surprised at this juncture if Corbyn went over it.
Good to see UKIP fail miserably again in both votes too.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The combined UKIP and Tory vote in Stoke was 49%. Looks like Labour managed to hold because there was no third party squeeze more than any huge enthusiasm for their candidate. I find it a bit bizarre that UKIP can still get 25% of the vote with a hard Brexit unfolding.

I don't even understand why people still vote UKIP? Surely their raison d'etre has been fulfilled?

As long as there are foreign voices on trains, UKIP will be able to cultivate the xenophobes.

Indeed.

Folk think UKIP are the party to drive vans round their neighbourhood and round up all Eastern Europeans and stick them on the first flight back to Warsaw, Bucharest etc.

22 minutes ago, Antlion said:

As long as there are foreign voices on trains, UKIP will be able to cultivate the xenophobes.

As long as Labour are so utterly shite, UKIP & anyone else able to put a team together for an election will be able to cultivate those who will vote anything but Tory.

The Greens won a council by election yesterday by promising to fill the local river with beavers!

(cue inevitable beaver jokes in 3 2 1.....)

6 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

As long as Labour are so utterly shite, UKIP & anyone else able to put a team together for an election will be able to cultivate those who will vote anything but Tory.

The Greens won a council by election yesterday by promising to fill the local river with beavers!

(cue inevitable beaver jokes in 3 2 1.....)

What do you call a beaver with a top hat?

Peter.

Well the Labour campaign strategy in Copeland - which was quite literally - vote Tory and your babies will die, shockingly didn't hold it for them!

Labour strategy now appears to be to just shrug the seat off as being a marginal. A marginal they've held since the 1930s and lost in the 7th year of a Conservative government.

Well the Labour campaign strategy in Copeland - which was quite literally - vote Tory and your babies will die, shockingly didn't hold it for them!

Labour strategy now appears to be to just shrug the seat off as being a marginal. A marginal they've held since the 1930s and lost in the 7th year of a Conservative government.

2nd the first 5 was with the libs holding you up

Yes they do, its called Brexit and theres fcuk all left wing about it.

Are you saying 52% of Brits are 'far right' KB? I don't believe they are. Brexit was a massive GIRFUY, after years of being ignored and telt what to think and do?
I think it was a huge mistake fwiw, but it seems to have damaged Labour far more than the Tories.

21 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Far right (or deemed as far right) politics never hold sway in Britain, UKIP have one solitary MP, that's how it will remain. That they collect a decent amount of votes from swerving Labour voters baffles me.

Rob, your post reminds me of the SNP back in the day.
We used tae get one MP (if we were lucky) but come in second in most constituencies.
We were laughed at and ridiculed but times change.

Rob, your post reminds me of the SNP back in the day.
We used tae get one MP (if we were lucky) but come in second in most constituencies.
We were laughed at and ridiculed but times change.

Brexit was a huge F*ck up Willie, you'll get your way 3-5 years!