Dulwich Hamlet will not be televised

One of the luvvies says of potential promotion "That would involve more money, more travel to away games, no more beer on the terrace [due to regulations]. It starts cutting out the reason you’re coming here.”

So, if he can't posture and drink on the terraces or travel cheaply to away games then he isn't interested. w****r!

One of the luvvies says of potential promotion "That would involve more money, more travel to away games, no more beer on the terrace [due to regulations]. It starts cutting out the reason you’re coming here.”

So, if he can't posture and drink on the terraces or travel cheaply to away games then he isn't interested. w****r!

I don't think that's an entirely unreasonable position to adopt. In fact, I kind of empathise with much of it. However, it's not compatible with supporting a team with any sort of ambition at all.

Except that he's not much of a "supporter", is he? In fact I would suggest that he is a posturing p***k who wants to appear trendy and right on.

I enjoy a drink as much as anyone (some would say much more so), but it would not stop me going to support my team if I couldn't. I would love to be able to drink on the terraces but I realise that I can't, so I get on with things rather than complaining and my "Student Gwant" voice..

• 8 months later...

alas... coming on as a knackered sub for a Tranmere/City* over 40s team at last year's Queen's Park Supporters tournament we beat a Dulwich team. Good bunch of lads. 

*don't ask...

I have a nephew who is a season ticket holder at Dulwich Hamlet :lol:

The utter seethe that football clubs who do things slightly differently / quirkily generate on here (FCUM, Salford, now Dulwich) really is remarkable.

Dulwich have an average crowd of 1,350 over the course of the season for a diddy level, more than twice their nearest rivals, so they are doing something right.

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

:lol:

Tear-soaked beards everywhere.

Harsh on the fans who seem to support the team quite well.  It sounds as though the owners of the ground are being pretty cunty about things so it would be a shame for the fans to lose their club over shifty ground owners.

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Slightly off topic, I'm surprised there isn't a thread on Billericay Town and its 'charismatic' owner/manager/magnate Glenn Tamplin.

Any P&Bers ever commission a stadium wall mural featuring yourselves descending from heaven?

FFS :lol:

See the source image

Glenn Tamplin is my favourite meglomaniac club owner.  It takes a lot of ego to put yourself as manager (and caretaker manager before deciding to rehire yourself) but his commitment to terrible aesthetics, twitter antics and R Kelly  are world class.

The absolute state of their dressing room.

DIyX4T5W4AArjAU.jpg