League cup round 3

Mr Bairn

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One. Utd v Dunfermline has no chance. Had it been at EEP it was a possibility.

Hibs v Aberdeen is a possibility but I do now think Sevco v St Johnstone is a stick-on.

Hopefully not. You can see Sevco stroll to a comfortable 2/3-0 win every week on BT Sport. Hibs v Aberdeen sounds like it could be very interesting, if they go for the Rangers game I'll be massively disappointed.

Hopefully not. You can see Sevco stroll to a comfortable 2/3-0 win every week on BT Sport. Hibs v Aberdeen sounds like it could be very interesting, if they go for the Rangers game I'll be massively disappointed.

Rangers v st Johnstone game will be on alba on the tues night and the Aberdeen game will be on bbc 1 on the wed night, will be my prefiction

Are we talking about the same Hibernian here?

Probably get slaughtered here but I think Hibs would probably be the 5th best team in the Premiership this season if they were in it. Think it would be a really tough test for Aberdeen, who must be one of the favourites. Good cup tie written all over it IMO. ;)

That's fucking mental. :lol: Hibs :lol:

I think it's a very average premiership this season. Not much between Motherwell/Killie/St Johnstone/Hamilton/Partick Thistle/Dundee United. If Hibs had a better keeper, and a better striker (although Keatings may do the business) then I think they'd comfortably be top 6. On paper they're every bit as good as all the teams mentioned. I'm sure premiership fans of certain clubs will slaughter them and write them off all season, only for them to come up and finish higher with virtually the same team and players. Rangers will come up this season and finish top 3 NAP next season aswell IMO.

Rangers will win the league and spend fortunes in the summer, what does that have to do with the ludicrous claim that this Hibs squad are the sixth best in Scotland? I've just had a look at their squad and quite frankly it's offensive to even look at. Fucking Hibs. You're mental son.

How far down the list did you get?

I studied it in squad numerical order, struggled past Oxley and ended up having to give up at 'Dom Malonga'.

Absolutely brilliant stuff, if I didn't know any better I'd think Hibs & Stubbs were trolling us all.

Rangers will win the league and spend fortunes in the summer, what does that have to do with the ludicrous claim that this Hibs squad are the sixth best in Scotland? I've just had a look at their squad and quite frankly it's offensive to even look at. Fucking Hibs. You're mental son.

What player out of St Johnstones team would get into Hibs strongest 11? O Halloran and Mannus maybe?

Rangers v st Johnstone game will be on alba on the tues night and the Aberdeen game will be on bbc 1 on the wed night, will be my prefiction

Alba don't have any rights to the League Cup.

St. Johnstone aren't the fourth best team in Scotland ffs. :lol:

That Hibs squad would probably be reasonable in mid-table if it was assembled at another club. But yeah, it's Hibs.

Probably get slaughtered here but I think Hibs would probably be the 5th best team in the Premiership this season if they were in it. Think it would be a really tough test for Aberdeen, who must be one of the favourites. Good cup tie written all over it IMO. ;)

Hibs right now are 6th in the Championship. OK so it's early but they are also -1 re goals for/against.. There is no way that they can be considered among the top 4 Championship clubs far less 5th in the Premiership.

Nah I think you just realise it's true tbh. I'd maybe give you Anderson and Mackay but then again I'd personally rather have MacGregor and Fontaine. In reality a lot of premiership team fans seem to be looking down on Hibs and Rangers, even though both of their teams would be comfortable in the premiership and are probably better than the majority of sides. Celtic are way ahead, Aberdeen ahead of the rest, Hearts have the edge on a decent Dundee team, and the Dundee team are slightly better than the other average 8.

Hibs right now are 6th in the Championship. OK so it's early but they are also -1 re goals for/against.. There is no way that they can be considered among the top 4 Championship clubs far less 5th in the Premiership.

There's been 3 games played :lol: One against Rangers who are arguably the 3rd/4th best side in the country. They're certainly in the top 4 championship clubs. Nobody in their right mind would deny that surely.

Fantastic stuff. I'm sure Brian Easton goes to bed at night wishing he was as good a left back as Lewis Stevenson.

Brian Eastons decent, Lewis Stevensons decent. Wouldn't really say it would improve Hibs any by having Easton but there you go.

There's been 3 games played :lol: One against Rangers who are arguably the 3rd/4th best side in the country. They're certainly in the top 4 championship clubs. Nobody in their right mind would deny that surely.

They have played 6 competitive games and lost 3. They only beat Stranraer by dint of on OG. Their league record shows they are shipping more goals than they are scoring.

The only way you can see them as a top 5 Premiership club is from bed-mite festooned mattress from a Leith opium den.

They have played 6 competitive games and lost 3. They only beat Stranraer by dint of on OG. Their league record shows they are shipping more goals than they are scoring.

The only way you can see them as a top 5 Premiership club is from bed-mite festooned mattress from a Leith opium den.

2 of they defeats coming to Rangers... So f**k. Hearts only beat Forfar after extra time. Dundee got beat by Dunfermline. I'm not really sure what that's got to do with anything, they got through and won the game. I'm judging it on the players available to each side. Like I said earlier, IMO, only Mannus and O Halloran would be certainties to start for Hibs. And that's from a St Johnstone side who have a great chance of finishing 6th this season.

Archived