Aberdeen v Celtic - 12/9/15

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see us starting with Boyata and Efe tbh, don't think we'll start the new boys. Those 2 at CB is very worrying, and would probably result in an Aberdeen win

I personally wouldnt start the two new lads either, Mulgrew and Boyata would be my centre back pairing for this one. Still doesn't fill me with confidence however.

Be interesting to hear what non Aberdeen or Celtic fans think about what is surely the biggest game on Scotland so far this season and what the outcome will be?

I was pretty psyched for the Aberdeen/Celtic games last season, and was a bit disappointed how one-sided they were, in general.

I'm hoping to see a close contest this time. I really think this Celtic defence could be vulnerable but Aberdeen need to somehow nullify Brown, Bitton and Johansen. And Super Leigh :(

Less Celtic fans = less stewarding costs, less disruption to locals from Celtic fans urinating in gardens, leaving Buckfast bottles in them etc and less chance of Shay Logan being abused for speaking out against racism.

Entirely logical from Aberdeen, not that they have to justify their decision.

Bang on the cash with that mate, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what these subhuman mutants get up to on away days!

Mon the Dons!

Be interesting to hear what non Aberdeen or Celtic fans think about what is surely the biggest game on Scotland so far this season and what the outcome will be?

Not really tbh, just another league game and the title won't be won or lost this weekend

Not really tbh, just another league game and the title won't be won or lost this weekend

It's probably the last and therefore biggest game of Ronnies career in Scotland though.

Got to love the possible CB pairings of unknown and unknown or bomb-scare and unknown or bomb-scare and bomb-scare. Get the f**k in.

Agreed

I’d say we need to win more than celtic after last season’s capitulations and to get that monkey off our back, although id be more than happy with a draw, win it and I’m getting pished (im getting pished anyway, but even more pished).

The only game i missed last season was the 4 - zip away game, i haven’t watched it but listened on the radio (until 2 nil :() i believe we more than matched them in the first half and completely shat it in the second, the first game at Pittodrie we should have won, the first game at celtic park we were hammered in the first half and celtic should have been 3 or 4 up, but maybe we should/could have sneaked a draw in the second, the last game was pretty meaningless and could have gone either way.

imo we have a better team this season with Shinnie and Ward, plus Mclean has settled in and looks the part, although we don’t really score enough for the domination of some games. Celtic on paper look a bit weaker in defence, but they always look like scoring, plus they raise their game against us :)

in conclusion

2 - 1 the Dandies

I was pretty psyched for the Aberdeen/Celtic games last season, and was a bit disappointed how one-sided they were, in general.

I'm hoping to see a close contest this time. I really think this Celtic defence could be vulnerable but Aberdeen need to somehow nullify Brown, Bitton and Johansen. And Super Leigh :(

brown and johansen have hardly set the Heather alight this season to be fair

Archived