Adrian Durham's take on Scottish Football?

No matter how you take the article, the Rangers hating hordes will always be playing catch up. They may aspire to our success and glorious trophy haul but know they will always be gasping and reaching for something that isn't achievable. They have enjoyed our absence over the last 3 years but continue to be obsessed by the fact that we are still here. The Rangers are hungry, there's some easy prey out there, and that's the reason for the panic amongst the frightened Wildebeest. The Rangers threads on here will see an unprecedented amount of hateful shite from the P&D's over the next few months, it is all they can muster. Just f*ckin keep it coming, it's the biggest indication that we are back on track. Enjoy!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent stuff from Oor Adrian. The diddies have been caught like deer in headlights and The Plastics have searched down the settee for a few bob to throw at the idiot many and, in doing so have shown their usual lack of foresight and ambition.

In truth the whole of Scottish football has been in stasis this past three years awaiting the return of their natural thought-leaders.

No matter how you take the article, the Rangers hating hordes will always be playing catch up. They may aspire to our success and glorious trophy haul but know they will always be gasping and reaching for something that isn't achievable. They have enjoyed our absence over the last 3 years but continue to be obsessed by the fact that we are still here. The Rangers are hungry, there's some easy prey out there, and that's the reason for the panic amongst the frightened Wildebeest. The Rangers threads on here will see an unprecedented amount of hateful shite from the P&D's over the next few months, it is all they can muster. Just f*ckin keep it coming, it's the biggest indication that we are back on track. Enjoy!!

How far can your head be up your own arse.

Fans of other clubs really couldn't give a shit what happens outside our bubble

This certainty of a two horse race if both Celtic and Rangers are in the top league is a complete myth. Since the SPL started half of the 14 seasons with both OF ended up with a gap between the teams in double figures, 5 of these were equal or more than the gap between Celtic and Aberdeen last season. Do people like Adrian Durham do their stat research before coming out with the one horse pish if Rangers aren't in the league.

1998/99 Rangers -6pts- Celtic

1999/00 Rangers -21pts- Celtic

2000/01 Celtic -15pts- Rangers

2001/02 Celtic -18pts- Rangers

2002/03 Rangers -0pts- Celtic

2003/04 Celtic -17pts- Rangers

2004/05 Rangers 1pt- Celtic

2005/06 Celtic -17pts- Hearts (-18pts Rangers)

2006/07 Celtic -12pts- Rangers

2007/08 Celtic -3pts- Rangers

2008/09 Rangers -4pts- Celtic

2009/10 Rangers -6pts- Celtic

2010/11 Rangers -1pt- Celtic

2011/12 Celtic -20pts- Rangers

That's 7 out of 14 SPL title races that ended up one horse races that was with both Celtic and Rangers in the same league.

A 2 horse race is a complete myth eh? when over the years (14) you have quoted, ONE team managed to breach it and still finished 2nd? Aye ok, you've got a point.

A 2 horse race is a complete myth eh? when over the years (14) you have quoted, ONE team managed to breach it and still finished 2nd? Aye ok, you've got a point.

I think he means there were never 2 horses in the race as one was so far ahead

Like enrico said fans of 40 out of 42 clubs couldn't give a shit

If your club never had bigoted loyalist unionist arseholes like yourself supporting them I doubt I'd even care what happened to newco

Adrian Durham is speaking absolute pish, like somebody on here has already pointed out, Sevco wouldn't have been anywhere near Celtic if they'd been put right into the Premiership 3 years ago when they formed

Ha ha, that's class, and you think I don't include C*ltic in that !!?

Watch out, if you do come up and get into a title race with them, they will try and steal your best players for peanuts.

Oh lichtie! Has the barrel of idiotic diddy epithets been truly scraped now?

I've said that ever since the referendum chat started. Was only then I realised how Unionist Sevco and some of their supporters were as a club. My stance has never ever changed, I despise Britain and the Union, it's only natural that id dislike Sevco as a result of that. If they were normal I wouldn't care less.

Oh lichtie! Has the barrel of idiotic diddy epithets been truly scraped now?

Lichtie1888 can't stop himself, and jumps in straight away with his usual line that has nothing to do with football. A seriously disturbed young man. I don't mind the lad, but something is wrong here.

A seriously disturbed young man..

:lol:

Just you settle yersel right down

Coming from a man who supports Northern Ireland over his birthplace, travels around listening to flute bands, partakes in orange walks and refuses to talk to people who support a rival football club I think you should maybe take a look closer to home

Watch out, if you do come up and get into a title race with them, they will try and steal your best players for peanuts.

It might take a while yet before we are real challengers again, but we will only do it with a group of players that really want to play for the club, there may well be those that come and go in the meantime, to C*ltic or any other club.

:lol:

Just you settle yersel right down

Coming from a man who supports Northern Ireland over his birthplace, travels around listening to flute bands, partakes in orange walks and refuses to talk to people who support a rival football club I think you should maybe take a look closer to home

I know where I'm at Lichtie, my colours shine, I hide nothing, you on the other hand snide from the sidelines, sneaky and sly.

The thread started on a 'football journalist's' view on the Scottish game at the moment, yes with a focus on C*ltic and Rangers, but you always have to drag it back don't you, honestly mate it shows exactly where you are.

Send me your just giving page link to raise you the bus fare through to Shettleston, I'll gladly chip in.

Proper Arbroath fan, naw I don't think so, sorry.

This certainty of a two horse race if both Celtic and Rangers are in the top league is a complete myth. Since the SPL started half of the 14 seasons with both OF ended up with a gap between the teams in double figures, 5 of these were equal or more than the gap between Celtic and Aberdeen last season. Do people like Adrian Durham do their stat research before coming out with the one horse pish if Rangers aren't in the league.

1998/99 Rangers -6pts- Celtic

1999/00 Rangers -21pts- Celtic

2000/01 Celtic -15pts- Rangers

2001/02 Celtic -18pts- Rangers

2002/03 Rangers -0pts- Celtic

2003/04 Celtic -17pts- Rangers

2004/05 Rangers 1pt- Celtic

2005/06 Celtic -17pts- Hearts (-18pts Rangers)

2006/07 Celtic -12pts- Rangers

2007/08 Celtic -3pts- Rangers

2008/09 Rangers -4pts- Celtic

2009/10 Rangers -6pts- Celtic

2010/11 Rangers -1pt- Celtic

2011/12 Celtic -20pts- Rangers

That's 7 out of 14 SPL title races that ended up one horse races that was with both Celtic and Rangers in the same league.

Yup you could also just simply ignore the fact that 4 of those seasons went to final day deciders and if you want to include the last season before the spl that would infact make 5 last day deciders between the two teams

Yup you could also just simply ignore the fact that 4 of those seasons went to final day deciders and if you want to include the last season before the spl that would infact make 5 last day deciders between the two teams

My point was it is not always was a two horse race when the OF were together in the same league. I know you couldn't ignore those because Rangers came out on top each time...........Celtic traditionally bottle it against Rangers in a close title run in.

My point was it is not always was a two horse race when the OF were together in the same league. I know you couldn't ignore those because Rangers came out on top each time...........Celtic traditionally bottle it against Rangers in a close title run in.

Celtic came out on top twice to rangers three times in the 5 last day deciders I mentioned , hardly bottling it every time and completely rubbishing your point that I only brought it up because Rangers were the victors

Celtic came out on top twice to rangers three times in the 5 last day deciders I mentioned , hardly bottling it every time and completely rubbishing your point that I only brought it up because Rangers were the victors

I take it you ignored my original point about not every season was a two horse race, I used half of the lifespan of the SPL to prove that point. Evidence is right there to prove Adrian Durham wrong, the rest of it like the irrelevance you brought up makes little difference to that point I made.

I take it you ignored my original point about not every season was a two horse race, I used half of the lifespan of the SPL to prove that point. Evidence is right there to prove Adrian Durham wrong, the rest of it like the irrelevance you brought up makes little difference to that point I made.

Yes however every season bar one in 05 -06 the top two consisted of either Rangers or celtic , another more interesting way to look at is what the actual gap was between 2nd and 3rd in each of those seasons aswell

Archived