The Blue Behemoth vs BarelyLivingSton - 12th September

5 yellow cards in a game 4 to us where there was hardly a tackle worthy.

Thought Hippolyte and Cole could easily have had 2nd yellow cards for persistent fouling. Some of them very needless.

Fair enough there wasn't any meaty challenges but the ref had no option but to start dishing out yellow cards to a team who committed 24 fouls, the highest of any team in the country this weekend from the Premiership all the way down to League 2.

Only Celtic and Forfar got anywhere close to that amount with 20 and they both picked up 4 and 3 yellow cards respectively.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see that we came through that with the points, last season we'd have dropped points

Exactly what I was saying to my mates at the game. Good to hear that the gaffer wasn't happy despite the 3-0 win. I thought we were very sloppy in possession and a better team could have punished us. I thought the ref, Aitken, was abysmal for both sides today. Both teams turned down what I thought looked like fairly simple penalty decisions.

Still it's nice to have an off day and still come through it easily.

Thought Hippolyte and Cole could easily have had 2nd yellow cards for persistent fouling. Some of them very needless.

Fair enough there wasn't any meaty challenges but the ref had no option but to start dishing out yellow cards to a team who committed 24 fouls, the highest of any team in the country this weekend from the Premiership all the way down to League 2.

Only Celtic and Forfar got anywhere close to that amount with 20 and they both picked up 4 and 3 yellow cards respectively.

I'm not saying you're wrong, stats tell the story but where all 24 fouls ? Not for me, crowd influenced a few decisions, Longridge's yellow card was nothing other than a foul, he got a yellow while a few Rangers fouls went unpunished despite being of the same nature.

This is going to happen at places like Ibrox, park head though so not overly surprising.

Rangers will run away with the league and I'd be surprised if the lost in the league.

First of all Livingston deserve credit. Their formation, shape, game plan and commitment played a part in restricting Rangers playing in the manner that they have been in previous matches. Remember they drew 1-1 home and away at the end of last season playing in the same manner regardless if this is an improved Rangers squad. There is little doubt this was a well below Rangers performance. Formation and team selection was fine however tempo was too slow and ball retention was very poor. Oduwa, McKay and Tavernier found it difficult to go past men again give Livi some credit for this. Rightly from the start Livi slowed the game right down. The goalkeeper especially not 'rushing' his goal kicks. Yes Darren Cole may have received a second yellow along with Neill and Hippolyte but if it's a 50/50 decision I would rather refs side on keeping 22 players on the park.

I have never liked chairman or managers coming out with comments about winning leagues and cups especially only six weeks into the season. It can come over as disrespectful and arrogant. More worrying sometimes it leads to players not going on the park with the correct attitude. Livingston didn't look like coming away with a point but they could have got one goal back at 2-0 to make it a possible uncomfortable finish. However let's not forget it was a 3-0 win and a far better performance than last year's Rangers team v Livingston.

First of all Livingston deserve credit. Their formation, shape, game plan and commitment played a part in restricting Rangers playing in the manner that they have been in previous matches. Remember they drew 1-1 home and away at the end of last season playing in the same manner regardless if this is an improved Rangers squad. There is little doubt this was a well below Rangers performance. Formation and team selection was fine however tempo was too slow and ball retention was very poor. Oduwa, McKay and Tavernier found it difficult to go past men again give Livi some credit for this. Rightly from the start Livi slowed the game right down. The goalkeeper especially not 'rushing' his goal kicks. Yes Darren Cole may have received a second yellow along with Neill and Hippolyte but if it's a 50/50 decision I would rather refs side on keeping 22 players on the park.

I have never liked chairman or managers coming out with comments about winning leagues and cups especially only six weeks into the season. It can come over as disrespectful and arrogant. More worrying sometimes it leads to players not going on the park with the correct attitude. Livingston didn't look like coming away with a point but they could have got one goal back at 2-0 to make it a possible uncomfortable finish. However let's not forget it was a 3-0 win and a far better performance than last year's Rangers team v Livingston.

Good post mate ????????

However let's not forget it was a 3-0 win and a far better performance than last year's Rangers team v Livingston.

Fair summary there, buddy.

On the plus side Kiernan is improving and, apart from one ball-watching moment looked solid. Sir Davie's being effective then! Similarly the keeper made an excellent save and didn't have a bombscare moment.

Thought 3-0 was a bit hard on livi given that DJ only made one save the entire game and it was in 1st 5 mins. The first goal was a brilliant strike but it came from a botched training ground free kick and fell nicely for Wallace. Thought the two loanees for rangers flattered a bit and livi defended well against them. Hippolyte pretty much nullified tavernier which no one else has managed so far this season. Raith, queens etc have lost 5 going on 10 but that was never going to be the case yesterday. None of the diddies will pick up anything at ibrox barring a freak game so glad to get one out the way.

Wasn't great yesterday, especially 2nd half when we looked really flat in the middle. Livi didn't come to play, but that's fair enough. Don't understand how you can be 2-0 down and win a corner, then have just one man in the penalty box though!!? Tavernier bossed it again, (what a signing) and Rob Kiernan were the stand outs for me. Need to stop the tippy tappy shite outside the opposition penalty box though, if it's on get it smacked!! 3-0 and we don't play that well? Aye we'll take it, maybe we're just getting a bit too greedy, lol

Wasn't great yesterday, especially 2nd half when we looked really flat in the middle. Livi didn't come to play, but that's fair enough. Don't understand how you can be 2-0 down and win a corner, then have just one man in the penalty box though!!? Tavernier bossed it again, (what a signing) and Rob Kiernan were the stand outs for me. Need to stop the tippy tappy shite outside the opposition penalty box though, if it's on get it smacked!! 3-0 and we don't play that well? Aye we'll take it, maybe we're just getting a bit too greedy, lol

I know rangers fans are a bit pissed off coz we just didn't roll over and let you's hump us like some others, but the bit above about the corner is just a blatant lie.

I know rangers fans are a bit pissed off coz we just didn't roll over and let you's hump us like some others, but the bit above about the corner is just a blatant lie.

My eyes were deceiving me then maybe it was two of your players that went up, it certainly didn't look like you were interested in scoring from it! Reckon it was with about 15mins left on the clock at 2-0

It probably happened, tbh. Sounds like we shat it big time - again. Burchill should be refunding the Livi fans out of his own pocket. Sounded like a pointless load of f**k from a Livi POV. Embarrassing stuff.

I don't think Livi shat it. You were stuffy and organised.

Archived