Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Last Saturday three ducks flew across a bridge in my local park as I was crossing it. Thistle went on to win 3-0.

This morning it was one duck with a slightly erratic flying style but it still flew over at the same point.

Scotland 1(S. Fletcher) Polska 0.

Up the ducks!!!

8)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backs against the wall performance with Poland dominating possession and we sneak a 1-0 win with a Griffiths header

That's the dream

I'd say the dream is a comfortable 8-0 win, with all goals coming in the first 10 minutes but aye, 1-0 will do.

Can't see it tonight. Much the same as in the past, we fucked ourselves in a very winnable must win game. Georgia was the big one. Poland are a very decent side and with Lewandowski on top form I can't see us doing enough to pick up the 3 points. Now need to hope that Germany and Poland hump the Irish and we can get a draw tonight then hump Gibraltar.

Im as frustrated as anyone at likes of Fletch n brown still starting no matter how out of form but georgia have beaten only part timers apart from Scotland since 2007.....trying to claim they should be our blueprint for success is crazy......we should however look at iceland who with a population roughly same as embra.....have qualified from a tougher group than ours.....we need to look at how they have gradually improved tgeir age grade development n how they xan have both a senior n u21 side so competitive

The main factor in Iceland's success is appointing an excellent manager with a track record of success in international football. Of course, he wanted the Scotland job and was overlooked in favour of Craig Levein because he's not Scottish. If only Iceland had insisted that all their managers had to be Icelandic I'm sure they'd have had even greater success.

Anyway, Anya being out is a massive blow. It guarantees that one or perhaps even two of Ritchie and Forrest will start, when all of Ritchie's performances for Scotland so far have been dreadful despite his club form and Forrest just isn't good enough.

No margin for error here, let's fucking do this.

I just hope we actually attempt to score a goal or two tonight. This attempting to copy Barcelona just simply does not work for us. We have quite a few guys in the squad who are capable from 25 yards out so why they won't just take a shot now and then as opposed to 5 yard sideway passes and then knocking the ball back the way is just bloody infuriating.

I know nowadays the mantra is POSSESSION but unfortunately the rules of the game are still the team that scores the most amount of goals is the winner. Possession basically means sod all if you aren't going to test the opposition keeper and try to score a goal !!!

C'mon Scotland let's take some shots and get us all on our feet singing........

The daily record I think have just guessed at the team, but I don't think they'll be far wrong.

Strachan has a tendency to leave Robertson out of games where he feels we may need someone more physical, so Hutton/Whittaker as the full backs is entirely plausible.

Also think Griffiths will start.

Archived