Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Yes, Germany have been allowed to slip up badly because we dented the sides who beat them, while offering no threat to Germany, of our own.

We didnt exactly offer "no threat of our own". The 3-2 home loss flattered us right enough but we made several good chances away. A draw wouldnt particularly have flattered us and whilst a win would have. We made enough good chances to have done so. And Germany shoild have been down to ten before the interval.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We didnt exactly offer "no threat of our own". The 3-2 home loss flattered us right enough but we made several good chances away. A draw wouldnt particularly have flattered us and whilst a win would have. We made enough good chances to have done so. And Germany shoild have been down to ten before the interval.

We played better in Germany than we did against them here.

I don't think we caused them the trouble you recall though. We entered that game worried about a thrashing so soon after the World Cup. Getting a goal and limiting them to a one goal winning margin therefore felt alright.

Their subsequent results though, should have provided some perspective regarding our 'achievement'.

We played better in Germany than we did against them here.I don't think we caused them the trouble you recall though. We entered that game worried about a thrashing so soon after the World Cup. Getting a goal and limiting them to a one goal winning margin therefore felt alright.Their subsequent results though, should have provided some perspective regarding our 'achievement'.

I never claimed any "achievement". I just take issue with the notion we caused them no problems. Apart from the goal I recall Naismith missing a couple of sitters plus of course the ref bottling reducing them to ten before the break.

Archived