Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on.

Winding me up so much. So many fucking idiots. We may have more idiots supporting Scotland than the OF do.

I wouldn't let it get to you. Most of the people I speak to irl are a lot more level headed and able to talk rationally, with a few exceptions. Forums like this just attract the absolute zoomers of the world.

In saying that as we were walking out of Hampden last night someone shouted to no one in particular 'I bet he plays Rhodes on Sunday just to rub it in' which I thought was the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard.

You really think we should give a young kid who can't get regular first team football at his club international football?

Maybe Gauld will be good enough one day, maybe he won't. He certainly isn't just now. Hadn't he also lost his place in the United team by the time they sold him? He never started the cup final.

To see him as some kind of saviour really is pushing the boat out.

At no time did I state that he was the saviour . Rather the fact that he has not and will not get the chance to prove himself in the current set up .

He didn't 'rip the pish'. He had a couple of decent games in a very good united team. He was actually very poor towards the end of season and hardly started games. The best player in that team was robertson who, quite rightly, is in the scotland squad. Armstrong was probably the most complete player in that team and should break in to the national team soon.Unlucky for him that our strongest position is the position he plays.

So you are just clutching at straws and making up stuff. Christie has looked not bad at inverness. But to call him up for the full team? Settle down. The fact is that our young players are not good enoigh to start for the full team.

So your vision for the future is to ignore young talent and just keep plodding along in obscurity ? And where did Robertson figure last night ? That's right , he didn't !

Half our pool have been playing reserve team football? Some of our starters? Who?

The worst that could happen is that we get horsed and slip down the rankings, making everything harder for us.

Ah! The rankings !! That makes the latest failure to qualify all the more comfortable to digest !

The young boy get's picked before he's ready, get's built up as the saviour of Scottish football, has a few poor performances and the idiot element of the Scotland support turn on him?

Would the idiot element be the media by any chance ?

The young boy get's picked before he's ready, get's built up as the saviour of Scottish football, has a few poor performances and the idiot element of the Scotland support turn on him?

Like the support turned on James McFadden when he became shit? Like the support turned on Barry Bannan when he was built and and ultimately failed?

Nah. Load of shite.

Ehm, what?

Darren Fletcher played over 30 times for United the season he became a Scotland regular, Steven Fletcher has played >30 games a season every season he's been fit since his Scotland debut, Hutton, with the exception of one season has played >25 games a season. Mulgrew came in and was fit to play, and, as far as I'm aware, doesn't play reserve football?

Gauld has played half an hour in a handful of first team games.

So, still awaiting you to provide the 'half the pool have been playing reserve football', 'old chap'.

Mulgrew wasn't fit to play.

This shite about Fletcher can hold the ball up is a fucking myth. When was the last time he successfully held the ball up and brought others into the game? fucking never, thats when.

Last night on several occasions.

You start if you are good enough. End of story. Doesn't matter a f**k about how old you are.

How would you explain Whittaker starting ahead of Robertson then? I think it's fairly obvious that Strachan ignores youth. The fact that people have to use twenty five year olds when trying to claim otherwise tells you all you need to know really.

How would you explain Whittaker starting ahead of Robertson then? I think it's fairly obvious that Strachan ignores youth. The fact that people have to use twenty five year olds when trying to claim otherwise tells you all you need to know really.

Whittaker starts ahead of Robertson because he's better defensively.

You can "lol" all you like, it's absolutely true. Robertson has a lot to offer especially when we have the ball but he's naive defensively.

Even if it was true it's not a good enough reason. I'd take the guy who offers lots going forward but is slightly worse defensively over the guy who is a marginally better defender but who's attacking efforts consist of playing it inside for Brown to pass backwards or just simply passing it backward himself. Kinda sums up the whole campaign tbh, far too conservative and defensive. Why not move Whittaker to the right - which allows him to get forward more - and play Robertson on the left?

You can "lol" all you like, it's absolutely true. Robertson has a lot to offer especially when we have the ball but he's naive defensively.

Yup. I wouldn't say Robertson's naive defensively, I'd say he's poor defensively.

I really don't get the stick that Whittaker and, particularly, Hutton, get. They'd be my first choice full backs for 90% of the games. I think they both did more than decent jobs last night and as a whole across the campaign.

What i spotted from last night and throughout the campaign (and probably recent history) is how poor every player in the team is at the basics (e.g. ball still bouncing after first touch, inability to make simple 5/10 yard passes, players scared to take possesion of the ball if they have a man on, players scared to pass the ball to an opponent who has a man on).

I'd say that every team we play (including the minnows) look far more comfortable in possession of the football than we do. If you dont trust the players to do the basics then it makes the game a million times more difficult. The reason for this must be the coaching the players receive from youth, something has got to change.

In regards to the system we play, what is the point in the two sitting midfielders when everytime the defence has the ball they dont have any option but to lump it long or wide. Surely, one or both of the sitting midfielders should be dropping deep to give the option of a short pass out of defence. Not sure if they are instructed by the manager not to drop deep and take the ball or if they are just terrified to take possession in their own half as they will no doubt lose it due to the points raised above.

Yup. I wouldn't say Robertson's naive defensively, I'd say he's poor defensively.

I really don't get the stick that Whittaker and, particularly, Hutton, get. They'd be my first choice full backs for 90% of the games. I think they both did more than decent jobs last night and as a whole across the campaign.

If you ignore Hutton's marking at the first goal and a few times after that , then you might have a point .

Archived