Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Darren Flatcher is our captain and does none of that.

Edit - Scott Brown does that for Sellik but doesn't for Scotland. Can't remember the last time he was a nuisance or even good enough to kick someone for Scotland..

He tries it for scotland but cant get near the opposition

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bantz-chat aside (a bit of a banticlimax, I know), I read yesterday that when news of Poland's equaliser filtered through to the RoI game, "the roof nearly came off".

Now I might have got my sums wrong, but didn't Poland's equaliser against us actually harm RoI's chances? If we'd beaten Poland while they beat Germany, then they were still guaranteed 2nd or 3rd spot. Poland equalising really only meant that we were definitely out and the Poles had a slight advantage going into tonight's game vs RoI (in that if it ends up as a draw, then it'll go down to goal difference as they will be equal on head to head and the Poles have a way better GD).

If so, I hope the above scenario occurs tonight and they are forced into a playoff. It's what they wanted, by the sounds of it.

Bantz-chat aside (a bit of a banticlimax, I know), I read yesterday that when news of Poland's equaliser filtered through to the RoI game, "the roof nearly came off".

Now I might have got my sums wrong, but didn't Poland's equaliser against us actually harm RoI's chances? If we'd beaten Poland while they beat Germany, then they were still guaranteed 2nd or 3rd spot. Poland equalising really only meant that we were definitely out and the Poles had a slight advantage going into tonight's game vs RoI (in that if it ends up as a draw, then it'll go down to goal difference as they will be equal on head to head and the Poles have a way better GD).

If so, I hope the above scenario occurs tonight and they are forced into a playoff. It's what they wanted, by the sounds of it.

It's strange. In the same way, the polish fans at the game actually seemed to get a lift when Ireland scored. I said this to my brother and he said well that was daft since it was detrimental to their chances of qualifying automatically. It was as if Scotland fans were the only ones bothering with the permutations.

It's strange. In the same way, the polish fans at the game actually seemed to get a lift when Ireland scored. I said this to my brother and he said well that was daft since it was detrimental to their chances of qualifying automatically. It was as if Scotland fans were the only ones bothering with the permutations.

When you think about it all we have done in this group is help the Germans qualify automatically. We have cleaned up their poor results by preventing Ireland and Poland winning 4 games.

When you think about it all we have done in this group is help the Germans qualify automatically. We have cleaned up their poor results by preventing Ireland and Poland winning 4 games.

Yes, Germany have been allowed to slip up badly because we dented the sides who beat them, while offering no threat to Germany, of our own.

Archived