Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

I was absolutely joining in the derision and disbelief when Forrest was named in the team - I firmly believed that he shouldn't even be in the squad never mind the starting eleven - but my disbelief's even greater now that people are seriously trying to argue he didn't have a good game. He was taking on his man and beating him more often than not - Ritchie didn't manage it once - and the majority of his passes actually went to a Scotland player which is more than you can say for most of them. Anyone saying that he didn't play well had made their mind up before the game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was absolutely joining in the derision and disbelief when Forrest was named in the team - I firmly believed that he shouldn't even be in the squad never mind the starting eleven - but my disbelief's even greater now that people are seriously trying to argue he didn't have a good game. He was taking on his man and beating him more often than not - Ritchie didn't manage it once - and the majority of his passes actually went to a Scotland player which is more than you can say for most of them. Anyone saying that he didn't play well had made their mind up before the game.

Is this a Morton thing? The only three people on the planet to claim Forrest wasn't atrocious are all Morton fans.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone more static in a Scotland shirt. If you saw him "taking on and beating a man" then I can only presume you were watching someone else by accident or you are talking about the first goal. He did it once in the whole night then placed a pass a yard and half behind Ritchie who caught it really well anyway and scored.

He was annoying me so much at one point in the second half right in front of us that I actually watched him specifically for a few minutes rather than the rest of the game. He wandered aimlessly towards the ball when it was vaguely near him, didn't get a pass and then, as play switched to the other side and Ritchie set off towards the box with Hutton in tow and Fletcher (S) busting a gut to get towards the box, our friend Forrest was stood still neither getting in at the back post nor coming inside to join the attack. Within a minute he was caught standing ball watching as the Polish full back and his right sided midfield colleague doubled up and left Whittaker one against two.

Ritchie wasn't an awful lot better incidentally but better he never the less was.

He was annoying me so much at one point in the second half right in front of us that I actually watched him specifically for a few minutes rather than the rest of the game. He wandered aimlessly towards the ball when it was vaguely near him, didn't get a pass and then, as play switched to the other side and Ritchie set off towards the box with Hutton in tow and Fletcher (S) busting a gut to get towards the box, our friend Forrest was stood still neither getting in at the back post nor coming inside to join the attack. Within a minute he was caught standing ball watching as the Polish full back and his right sided midfield colleague doubled up and left Whittaker one against two.

in all fairness to forrest thats when he was crocked and scotland couldnt get a sub on, mind strachan was fighting with the fourth official about it

I actually thought Fletcher was excellent last night but this sentence means nothing. Matt Ritchie scored the first goal but was absolutely 100% like playing with a man down otherwise.

Oh and this idea that James Forrest was any good is somewhat bizarre as well.

I would suggest that when someone scores a goal from nothing this instantly means it isn't like playing with a man down as y'know they've had a major bearing on the game.

Tbh I was really just pointing out the standout moment of Fletcher's night and how ludicrous it is to suggest he was like a man down after putting us 2-1 up.

So the all day sesh has taken its toll, you've had one Bacardi Breezer too many, home in a state, chips n cheese over the floor, pants pished, troosers shat, Maw raging, posting utter tripe on here...

f**k sake Lichtie, you need to get a fucking grip of your life.

wait till celtic next play in europe, he'll be all over that thread gusdhing with pride at his big team storming all over europe again

James forrest was better than he has been. But still pretty shite. He didnt follow his man half the time and left whittacker exposed quite a few times. His final ball is still absolutely dreadful. I would rather take GMS from celtic. Phillips must be thinking what the f**k he has to do to get in the squad.

I dont mind scott brown. However, it shows how much we miss barry ferguson. I think it says it all for scotland that our captain is someone who is technically shite but runs about kicking people and generally being a nuisance. But the scotland fans love that which also says it all

Archived