Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Despite the fact that he had a pretty good game, James Forrest has been a man down for Scotland for years. And you can say the exact same for Steven Fletcher, who gets picked despite not scoring at pretty much any level.

We drop McArthur despite being a big part of a pretty good BPL side, and pick Brown who has been fucking shocking, and was again last night. Our selections against Ireland and Georgia fucked us and we're out as a result.

As far as I'm concerned, we're not qualifying for any tournament if we can't get a manager who can't see past his favourites. And Strachan can't. So basically, unless he walks, we're fucked.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the fact that he had a pretty good game, James Forrest has been a man down for Scotland for years. And you can say the exact same for Steven Fletcher, who gets picked despite not scoring at pretty much any level.

We drop McArthur despite being a big part of a pretty good BPL side, and pick Brown who has been fucking shocking, and was again last night. Our selections against Ireland and Georgia fucked us and we're out as a result.

As far as I'm concerned, we're not qualifying for any tournament if we can't get a manager who can't see past his favourites. And Strachan can't. So basically, unless he walks, we're fucked.

A man down, yet scored our second goal :S Our result against Ireland did not f**k us, not a single person on here wouldn't of taken 4 points from them before the campaign started.

On another note that goes into my top three Hampden heartbreaks. Horrific feeling when that went in.

He did have a pretty good game. This doesn't excuse the shocking performances he's had in almost every single game he played before then though.

He did not have anything like a good game. Run along, the adults are speaking.

Who would you have picked instead of Fletcher last night and explain how they would have produced a better performance

I'd have picked Naismith ahead of Fletcher. Not sure if he'd have matched Fletcher's own performance, but that doesn't really detract to the fucking stinkers that he had before, and thus deserved to not get picked.

No I doubt he would have. So Strachan got that one right.

Every player goes through bad patches in their career. You don't just bin them every time they have a bad game. Fletcher was outstanding for Sunderland last week so deserved to play last night, especially when you factor in our lack of available options.

This favouritism pish is just nonsense. All of the players who started last night have put in great performances over this campaign. Most of them were pish against Georgia, some have had other bad games. Do you really expect Strachan make wholesale changes off the back of one bad game? Start bringing in players with no experience for games against Germany and Poland? No, that would have been absolute suicide.

This favouritism pish is just nonsense. All of the players who started last night have put in great performances over this campaign. Most of them were pish against Georgia, some have had other bad games. Do you really expect Strachan make wholesale changes off the back of one bad game? Start bringing in players with no experience for games against Germany and Poland? No, that would have been absolute suicide.

i cannot wait for the example of great performance that scott brown has put in this qualifying campaign

A man down, yet scored our second goal :S

I actually thought Fletcher was excellent last night but this sentence means nothing. Matt Ritchie scored the first goal but was absolutely 100% like playing with a man down otherwise.

Oh and this idea that James Forrest was any good is somewhat bizarre as well.

i cannot wait for the example of great performance that scott brown has put in this qualifying campaign

Scott Brown was one of our best performers up until the georgia game. No doubt you're one of those morons that doesn't understand the role of a defensive midfielder and thinks that because he hasn't scored a goal he's been shite

Oh and this idea that James Forrest was any good is somewhat bizarre as well.

No it isn't in the slightest. Only a blinkered idiot couldn't see that Forrest played well last night. He beat his man plenty of times, linked up with whittaker in the second half and played a part in key moves

Scott Brown was one of our best performers up until the georgia game. No doubt you're one of those morons that doesn't understand the role of a defensive midfielder and thinks that because he hasn't scored a goal he's been shite

you're entitled to your opinion but brown has been poor all campaign imo,

Archived