Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what Gordon has to do to get a game. Thought Marshall has looked shaky the last couple and hasn't played much at all this season.

Marshall is a good keeper and is steady but Gordon is the only one capable of producing 2/3 worldies in a game. Which I suspect we'll need tonight!

The David Marshall who made a couple of fantastic saves against Poland last time we played them?

Yes him, like I said he's a good keeper. But when you know we're going to be under the cosh for spells and know our keeper will be busy, I'd rather have our best between the sticks

It seemed likely that Forrest would start once Anya pulled out. Strachan likes to go with at least one winger who's going to run with the ball. It seems like a massive mistake though.

Also really surprised that he's left out Maloney.

Really wish we had Morrison, Anya, and Snodgrass available. With Maloney dropped I feel like we're without 4 of our 5 best midfield starters for tonight now.

Whats the chances that Forrest will put in a man of the match display tonight and rip the polish a new one,it just has to happen after the dogs abuse he has been getting.

Trust me, speaking as an Aberdeen fan, if you could generate a MOTM performance from a total haddie like Forrest just by abusing him, I'd have found out by now.

Thank f**k Mulgrew is injured and the decision is taken away from Strachan.

The possibility of Mulgrew, Brown, Griffiths and Forrest on the pitch tonight would make me greet.

Griffiths could do a job. Has pace, a very good left foot and seems to have improved his heading in the last year. Brown is hit and miss, Forrest can be good but is far too one dimensional in his reliance on pace, and Mulgrew is shit.

Quote from the Guardian about Lewandowski:

:lol::lol::lol:

Pretty sure Celtic made their interest known and it was the player who knocked them back. Blackburn were quoted as being asked to pay £4.5m for him around the same time.

Not too disappointed with that team apart from Fletcher up front.

I suppose the feeling is Griffiths will come off the bench and make an impact, but Strachan tends to leave his substitutions late. Griffiths coming on with 20 minutes left, at the rate we create chances he's maybe getting 2/3 opportunities at best in the final third. If he's going to use Griffiths he has to use him a lot earlier.

Fletcher really needs to deliver tonight though. A good striker can be on the periphery of a game but pop up with a goal. Fletcher stays on the periphery of a game then manages maybe one good pass. He needs to be more involved tonight if we're to have any chance.

Ritchie/Forrest, they're both on good form. Quite happy to see them start (apart from the whole "Ritchie is English" thing, but tonight I don't care. I just want a win).

Well nearly hometime and I for one cant wait.

I absolutely cant wait to make my way through town to Central so I can bask in the jolly japestering of the barmy Tartan Army.

Renditions of ditties such as "We hate England more than you", pissing against cars and of course that musky smell of body odour we have all come to love.

Followed by their good natured banter no one wants to hear on the trains heading southside.

Then comes the fitba chat about how much they rate guys like McArthur, Bannan, Martin, Hanley etc (despite the fact they are al dire), of course legends like Pressley, Alexander and Dailly(coz he said the Germans are cheats) will get a mention too.

Wild claims of 3 - nil or 3-1 to Scotland, despite that probably being an impossibillity given our hopeless and hapless team.

It really is a pleasure and an honour getting to be in the same space as these guy.

And remember... No matter the score, the Tartan Army will get pished and have a party.

Cos thats just the kind of winners they are.

Archived