Phone a Friend

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine you would do it i would just imagine you would eventually forget to sign your name off which I'm sure you must have done at least once on here!!

Im glad its not just me who feels un easy talking on the phone, i actually hate it and get the ultimate fear when my phone rings in case its someone shouting at me. I also hate it when people speak on their phone when they are in my company and don't either leave to speak or try and end the call as quickly as possible.

I get phoned on my work mobile a lot so generally can't be arsed taking calls when I'm off shift. The only person who phones my house phone are PPI c***s and my gran.

I'll text people and my group of friends have a whatsapp where we comment if we're meeting up.

I only use my personal mobile to speak to my Mrs and to call Addie when I'm on nights to pretend I'm Waffenthinmint watching him.

I'll phone my dad a couple of times a week, but that's only because he is an absolute technophobe who can barely switch his mobile on never mind sending a text message.

Unless you are meeting someone and cannot pin point where they are in the pub/terracing/otherlargesocialgathering then there is no need to phone.

When my missus calls, she takes it personally that I am quite short with her on the phone. It's nothing personal love, I don't like talking to anyone on the phone.

This is absolutely tragic

It is. My mum's exactly the same. As a result, we can go months without speaking to each other. We both think "she'd call me if she needed me but she hasn't called so everything must be ok". We actually would call each other if there was a problem but no news is good news.

I can understand this psychology and i suffer from it as well. I also never go to someone else's house unannounced. I was like this as a kid and its just as bad now but i would never go and knock someones door for a visit out of fear of it being an inconvenient time and not wanting me there!

Nothing worse than people who phone just to blether non urgent pish for the sake of it. Phone calls are inconvenient, send a text or whatsapp message if you must furnish me with inane ramblings and I will get back to it when I can be arsed.

I'd generally rather phone than text, just a quick call to discuss the relevant points, place and time of meeting, who's got the eccies and thats about it. One phone call is just easier than having to type messages back and forth.

Occasionally call my mates for a catch up if we havent seen each other in a while.

Hate talking on public transport and will usually just not answer and call back once im off the train/bus.

So i seem to be in the minority that prefers to call than text, might be my age.

I phone my mates if I need hold of them quickly as some of them can take days to reply to a message. Or if I have a lot of information to convey/discuss with them that is easier done in a 2 minute phone call rather than 10-15 minutes of texting.

The only time I phone somebody is when it's not feasible to meet them down the pub or whatever at relatively short notice, essentially restricting it to my family* over 100 miles away. Anything else is a text / Whatsapp to organise a face to face chit chat.

*Mum requires a phone call every couple of weeks which often runs over an hour. Brothers I just see whenever I see them and talk as if we met just the week before.

Assuming this isn't tongue-in-cheek, I can sympathise with you here, as I am exactly the same.

Not at all tongue-in-cheek. I just feel that people know where I am in they need me for anything or just want a chat/arrange a get together, but if they don't, they're fine or they're too busy to do anything. And I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't feel it's my place to interrupt their schedule! :lol:

Of course, they could feel the same... :/

Archived