One year ago today

Fide

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please show me where I stated you should "never again discuss Scottish independence". Be very specific and provide quotes please.

Seems you are avoiding the issue yet again.

So you do think we can discuss independence again? Smashing. 2021 for me. What do you think?

After a suitable time frame I would of course be in favour of another. Not this never ending referendum nonsense tho. Say10 years.

Of course you'll be able to provide quotes, pie charts, graphs, and a powerpoint presentation highlighting any Yes supporter who wants "never ending referendum nonsense"?

Do you think it is an exercise in democracy to deny supporters of independence a second referendum?

Ha ha good one fide,you speak about being denied democracy when all you do is abuse people who democraticly voted no last september pot kettle black maybe comes to mind.

Just after you provide the quotes I asked for.

Of course you could just look at your old post. ;)

And I've told you you're not H_B.

I believe, that being said, that I sufficiently answered your "point".

Now you answer mine.

Ha ha good one fide,you speak about being denied democracy when all you do is abuse people who democraticly voted no last september pot kettle black maybe comes to mind.

Not at all. I have family members who voted No. I give them one day off a week where I don't scream "c**t!!" in their face.

:)

Complete lack of understanding of what democracy means.

If you say so.

I really don't have to say so, you continue to show it every time you mention the word and even your own derivatives "democraticly"

A good opening post, that seemed well intended at first, for people to share their memories/experiences from a year ago. Predictably perhaps, look what it has descended into?

A healthy, hearty debate.

What's not to love?

Hmm not sure Fidey, always seems to come done to who can showboat the biggest UberNat credentials, you or Lambie, not really healthy debate is it?

That's a very negative view to take, Robert. If you mean Lambie and I are proud Yes supporters then Yes, Yes we are.

After a suitable time frame I would of course be in favour of another. Not this never ending referendum nonsense tho. Say10 years.

There's absolutely nothing democratic about imposing an arbitrary timeframe on when a question on national sovereignty can be asked, especially if the majority of the country are shown to favour it.

Also this "real Scots" stuff doesn't put people off independence IMO, it's just an easy excuse for definite No's to justify their reason for being a unionist. Doesn't stop it being pure rank chat though.

The sad thing is that these capital-N Nationalists have absolutely no idea just how much harm this "real Scots" pish does to the Yes movement.

Oh no, we might offend 'proud Scots' who come up with any old pish to explain why their country is too wee, too poor or too stupid to conduct its own affairs. These people will never vote Yes. No matter how bad things are as part of the UK, the argument that things might get even worse will always be open to them. As will the even worse 'uncertainty' argument.

I asked this a number of times last year, but in what way does being part of the Union provide certainty to the people of Scotland? People like my mum who had her pension stolen from her, people who lost their jobs during the recession etc?

Oh no, we might offend 'proud Scots' who come up with any old pish to explain why their country is too wee, too poor or too stupid to conduct its own affairs. These people will never vote Yes. No matter how bad things are as part of the UK, the argument that things might get even worse will always be open to them. As will the even worse 'uncertainty' argument.

I asked this a number of times last year, but in what way does being part of the Union provide certainty to the people of Scotland? People like my mum who had her pension stolen from her, people who lost their jobs during the recession etc?

Remember last year when Scottish Labour told us the NHS was safe under a No vote?

Yet they were tweeting a couple of days back to keep TTIP out of the NHS.

That's just one example.

Archived