Raith v Dumbarton

Appears we played quite well last night and gave Celtic a decent game. Hopefully the team are still full of confidence going into Saturday and fingers crossed we maintain our unbeaten home record. Our next three games (2 of which are at home) are all very winnable imo.

I'll be miffed if some part time mob have the audacity to score against us at The Fortress. I've gone and done it now haven't I? :P

Nae need, likes.

Thing is, I'd expect us to be a bit heavy legged after last night, going into Saturday. A lot of off the ball running will do that. So he might have to change things up a bit just to get some freshness into the team.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've already had cook this season, against falkirk, is there not a certain time limit that referees cannot manage the same team twice? We'll probably score from open play, yet cook will chop it off for some stupid reason, keeper wasn't ready, or raith only had eleven players on the field

I don't think we have ever won with Barry cook. They should let us know who the refs are at the start of the season then if its cook madden or.Charleston we can save money by.not going.

We beat Alloa 5-1 at the Recs with oor Barry in charge.

It's Brian Colvin who we've never won a game under.

Some of our players looked knackered by the end of the game last night.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of McCord, Daly and Megginson all start on Saturday just to freshen things up a bit.

McCord and Daly will definitely be back in. But I reckon you could be right about Megginson possibly getting his first start of the season..Anderson on the bench. Not sure why Megginson hasn't really been given a decent chance yet.. Hes always looked hungry and determined every time that he's came on.

Nae need, likes.

Thing is, I'd expect us to be a bit heavy legged after last night, going into Saturday. A lot of off the ball running will do that. So he might have to change things up a bit just to get some freshness into the team.

Ffs,were a full time team,if we have players heavy legged/ tired on a Saturday after a midweek game maybe fitba isn,t the right profession for them

Ffs,were a full time team,if we have players heavy legged/ tired on a Saturday after a midweek game maybe fitba isn,t the right profession for them

It's not just a midweek game though, it's a game against opposition who passed the ball and moved very quickly and which we were chasing the ball for the majority of it, that puts a different strain on players than actually playing with the ball. After running himself into the deck against Hamilton, Mark Stewart looked quite obviously a bit slower, covered less ground and generally a bit less sharp than he usually would against Hibs on the Saturday afterwards. Some guys it won't affect but they are only human and you can't expect guys like Stewart to put that kind of effort in consistently with a couple of days between. It won't be everyone by any stretch of the imagination, but that's a hard shift they put in last night.

Sons who's your hard man, cause wee Mathews is gonna chib him. he's on a role after giving Broonie a twatting on Wednesday like…just sayin...

It's ok, the good Scott Brown -and his unorthodox ways- will soon plant wee Matthew in his place. Failing that we have another volunteer:

fraz_1835357a.jpg

It's not just a midweek game though, it's a game against opposition who passed the ball and moved very quickly and which we were chasing the ball for the majority of it, that puts a different strain on players than actually playing with the ball. After running himself into the deck against Hamilton, Mark Stewart looked quite obviously a bit slower, covered less ground and generally a bit less sharp than he usually would against Hibs on the Saturday afterwards. Some guys it won't affect but they are only human and you can't expect guys like Stewart to put that kind of effort in consistently with a couple of days between. It won't be everyone by any stretch of the imagination, but that's a hard shift they put in last night.

we see it differently then

our players will have two days recovery/ rest I,m sure something some Sons players would love to have

Sons who's your hard man, cause wee Mathews is gonna chib him. he's on a role after giving Broonie a twatting on Wednesday likejust sayin...

take your pick, Brown, routledge, Fleming, Gallagher,Docherty( he's a boxer you know), Gibson doesn't shirk tackles either

I don't want to contradict myself here, because I was glad Davo was back fit for the Celtic game. But I'd rest him this game knowing that Matthews is a genuine player, he was excellent to replace Davo against St Mirren and he was my man of the match against Celtic, so I'd say stick with him, and bring back McCord. Emphasis rest Davo, bring him back in the following week.

I would however drop Anderson, OK, good team effort but he's been off the boil for weeks now, can't understand why. I'd play Megginson instead, he's looked really good when he's come off the bench, so I think his chance beckons now.

And I'd go Daly and Wighton up top, I think the rest of our team picks itself just now.

Ray Mac is a tactical genius so he's probably already visualised the 3-0 win in his head haha!

Archived