Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

mostly agree with that, but del potro was a slow starter due to his semi, then played very strongly in the second, but ultimately Murray lost the second as his first serve tailed off a bit. I think if that hadn't happened Murray would have won in two no matter how well del potro played. The third was a bit strange, as del potro seemed to run out of steam pretty early and was toast after that. He was definitely trying to wind up Murray and the crowd were pretty partisan, but Murray had that all under control by the third.

Looking forward to see his clay court season now, I think he might just make the odd appearance in a semi or final this time around.

Del Potro is a good player and he will get better with experience. But last night Murray just stopped him dominating rallies by slowing the play right up and stopping him from generating the huge power he normally uses to blow away his opponents. Murray worked him out pretty well. The reason Del Potro took the second set is because he was really going for it with his service and he was getting a much higher percentage in. He broke Murray from the unlikely situation of being 0-40 down. I don't doubt the big guy was a bit jaded after his last match but not so much that he crumbled apart like that. The guy is only 20 FFS!

I normally like watching Del Potro but he just wasn't being allowed to play the way he wanted to against Murray. You could see how frustrated he was getting simply because Murray had out thought him. Murray did much the same thing to Verdasco, who plays a similar sort of game to Del Potro. It's all based on heavy groundstrokes and big hitting. Murray is brilliant at taking the pace off the ball and keeping it low with his slice. Lots of these types of players hate that. Federer also hates it, which is why he struggles a bit moire than he maybe should do against Murray.

mostly agree with that, but del potro was a slow starter due to his semi, then played very strongly in the second, but ultimately Murray lost the second as his first serve tailed off a bit. I think if that hadn't happened Murray would have won in two no matter how well del potro played. The third was a bit strange, as del potro seemed to run out of steam pretty early and was toast after that. He was definitely trying to wind up Murray and the crowd were pretty partisan, but Murray had that all under control by the third.

Looking forward to see his clay court season now, I think he might just make the odd appearance in a semi or final this time around.

I'm sorry but I can't believe this has passed without a childish "fnarr, fnarr"!

:D

edit - ooh, 100 pages!

Edited by pantene proV

You can watch the match on bet365.

If Murray wins today how close will he be to overtaking Djokovic? I knew he could have overtaken him this week if Djokovic got knocked out earlier than the final. Does anyone know the precise points total, or should I just wait till tomorrow to find out?

If Murray wins today how close will he be to overtaking Djokovic? I knew he could have overtaken him this week if Djokovic got knocked out earlier than the final. Does anyone know the precise points total, or should I just wait till tomorrow to find out?

I'm not sure of the exact pointage, but I think he'll close the gap to around 170 points if he wins.

Hang fire though, Djokovic has a break point in the 2nd set.....

Every single time i come on here and see that Murray is playing and winning and put on a stream he always starts losing straight away. So ive turned it off again.

Does that also work with Man Utd?

If so please feel free to not miss any of there games fir the remainder of the season!

Djokovic looks a differnt player 2nd set. Hope he uses all his energy now and faltersin the 3rd