Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Troicki was awful, first serve % about 14% in the first set. I predict Murray turns over Verdasco, factors are....

he owes him one,

it's not the 2nd week of a two-week tourney,

and it's not best of 5.

Verdasco's best chance is if Miami turns into a sauna during the match (....or is a bit windy....). Most enjoyable performance today was Tsonga, his 2nd and 3rd sets against Simon were awesome. Up against Djorkovic next, who has a 0-5 record against JWT, which is good for the 3rd place in ranking points hunt for Murray.

Troicki was abysmal. This is the same guy that crushed Nalbandian in round 2.

Apart from last night Andy has been lackluster this week, scrapping his way past poor opposition and only showing glimpses of his ability as a future number 1. Verdasco will win at a canter if he doesn't shape up. Should be a great match though. Probably the 2 most improved players of this season.

Verdasco is a different player this season, don't think his run at the Aussie Open was a one off, expect him to be firmly established at the top end of the chasing pack by the end of this year. I would say the toughest QF draw Murray could have.

Verdasco looks like a beast. I take it he has been on some sort of fitness bulking thing liek Murray was? He absolutelt twats the ball about the court as well and has looked impressive all season so far.

Murray will need to be in good form to beat this guy, he is more than decent.

Verdasco was blown away. Murray had him contemplating why he was even playing tennis for a living by the end of the first set :lol:

Verdascos injury is one of those ones that if he had been winning he wouldn't even have thought about it. Murray stamped on him last night. Should be interesting to see how he handles another big hitting galoot in Del Potro. Murray seems to be able to outwit most of these clugger type guys. Hopefully he will serve well enough and do the job on Del Potro.

Murrays reading of other players serves is awesome BTW. Unless they are serving utterly magnificently they pretty much know that it's coming back over the net awkwardly to them.

He must be an incredibly annoying player to play against, he grinds away until they make a mistake.

Guest The Phoenix

Don't you just love it.................

Murray struggles with Verdasco's game.
Murray has a 5 - 1 head to head record against Verdasco, albeit the loss was in their latest encounter at the Aussie Open.

Don't think he'll be exactly quaking in his gutties about facing either of them.

:lol:;)

Jesus you're tiresome.

Can I take this opportunity to remind you of the IGNORE function. Go on, save us both the hassle.

:lol:

Thank heavens for longitude though.

Edited by Reynard

Murray is in good nick going into this final. Probably playing the best out of anyone in the game at the moment.

Del Potro got his arse handed to him in that one. He actually did really well to hold it together enough and take the second set. But Murray just broke the guys mojo and gave him virtually nothing to get his teeth into. It was another impressive performance.

mostly agree with that, but del potro was a slow starter due to his semi, then played very strongly in the second, but ultimately Murray lost the second as his first serve tailed off a bit. I think if that hadn't happened Murray would have won in two no matter how well del potro played. The third was a bit strange, as del potro seemed to run out of steam pretty early and was toast after that. He was definitely trying to wind up Murray and the crowd were pretty partisan, but Murray had that all under control by the third.

Looking forward to see his clay court season now, I think he might just make the odd appearance in a semi or final this time around.