Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Has Andy ever made it to the semi's of the French? It's the only one I can't remember him playing in the semi's.

Made the quarters in 09. That's the best he's done I believe.

I was curious about this ballboy incident so I found a video of it only to be told that "it's not available in your country".

Great. dry.gif

He needs to quit with the outbursts to his coaching team and the sarcastic comments he makes. It plays right into the other players hands, they can see he's frustrated and they jump on that. You never see Federer or Nadal do this. If their pissed off they make damn sure they win the next point/game, whilst looking calm.

He needs to quit with the outbursts to his coaching team and the sarcastic comments he makes. It plays right into the other players hands, they can see he's frustrated and they jump on that. You never see Federer or Nadal do this. If their pissed off they make damn sure they win the next point/game, whilst looking calm.

Agreed, but the rest of them have a few outbursts as well. Have you seen the video of Federer telling the Djokovic family to shut up, or the pme when he randomly blurts out "SHIT!" after his usual shanked shot, they're quite funny. Or the one where Nadal calls Berdych very bad for celebrating a one, or when Soderling goes on a 5 minute rant about a line call and feints a handshake with the umpire?:lol:

Edited by McKee

Agreed, but the rest of them have a few outbursts as well. Have you seen the video of Federer telling the Djokovic family to shut up, or the pme when he randomly blurts out "SHIT!" after his usual shanked shot, they're quite funny. Or the one where Nadal calls Berdych very bad for celebrating a one, or when Soderling goes on a 5 minute rant about a line call and feints a handshake with the umpire?:lol:

Indeed. I'm not saying its just Murray that does this. Hwever it's his sarcasm and his woe-is-me attitude that's possibly holding him back. Somebody mentioned earlier he maybe needs a coach that will inject the belief into him and get him to think 'fuck it, that points gone, I'll forget about it'. His bad shots seem to play on his mind a lot more visually than the other players.

The Federer-Djokovic family spat video is quality.

Indeed. I'm not saying its just Murray that does this. Hwever it's his sarcasm and his woe-is-me attitude that's possibly holding him back. Somebody mentioned earlier he maybe needs a coach that will inject the belief into him and get him to think 'f**k it, that points gone, I'll forget about it'. His bad shots seem to play on his mind a lot more visually than the other players.

The Federer-Djokovic family spat video is quality.

Indeed, the right coach would do wonders for him, its the fact he thinks the whole world is against him all the time, it's frustrating for everybody who follows him as well.

On the rant topic, Xavier Malisse had a quality one a couple of weeks back in one of the clay court events. I think it was about a point being replayed after a bad line call or something.

He had a rant, the umpire patiently explained "Erm, that's the rules" and Malisse went on a "f**k the rules.." second rant, which the umpire just nodded and sighed his way through.

I'm sorry but if Murray plays this afternoon I have to question his dying swan act the other day.

You don't recover from an injury that apparently bad in a couple of days.

He's torn a tendon, by the way.

http://www.thesportscampus.com/2011053113345/grand-slams/andy-murray-talks-about-triumph-amidst-emotional-and-physical-strain

Absolutely delighted Troicki is out after behaving like such a c**t towards that ball boy.

GIRUY.

He came across as an utter dick, didn't he? Tennis players are, it seems to me, a particularly unlikeable bunch of spoiled arseholes. Second only to F1 Drivers in those stakes, I'd suggest.

Thought Chela was meant to be knackered and not up to it? He's playing Murray off the court at the moment. I wish the 'experts' in the studio wouldn't sneer at Murray's opponents quite so much. Rusedski (I think) said something like 'Chela won't last four sets'. Well, we're about to find out because this so-called-diddy is taking the opening set. <_<

Nah, Murray will win this set 7-5, he is figuring Chela out and has realised he cant just hit the big shots, cause Chela will get them beack, I will stand by Murray in 3.