Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

If Murray plays as well as he can he will win, or if Nadal plays badly. But as it stands, I reckon Nadal to win, 7-6, 7-5, 3-6, 6-4. Not that I want that of course.

First set will decide it. Only 5 times in his career has Nadal won the first set and lost the match against the big 4. It'll be a close match, but Nadal will step it up on the crucial points and win in straights, as per when these two meet. But whatever happens, it will be a high quality match, also as per usual. These two are the best match up on tour, no doubt about it.

if murray plays as well as he did in the rome semi he has a right good chance.

i'm back at work today after being on holiday for a wee while, disastrous timing.

the bird's final should be pretty good tomorrow, both semis were decent for a change.

Yeah, the first set is the crucial indicator for Murray. Start like he did against Troicki and Chela and it's goodnight. Get the first set and he has a decent chance.

Looking forward to the match, although more in hope than optimism.

the bird's final should be pretty good tomorrow, both semis were decent for a change.

God no. It must be about 3 or 4 years since I've watched an entire WTA match. It truly is terrible.

Whoever wins the first set, will win the match.

Unless Murray does, in which case Nadal will also win the match.

This will be a cakewalk for Nadal - I'm astonished anyone thinks differently.