Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Bolelli is giving Murray as good as he gets here. Conditions look bad too which will be somewhat of an equaliser I feel. Much like the Clijsters match earlier.

Anderson lost to Chela. Which makes it slightly even more favourable.

Dolgopolov is the only name on that list who I think can even take a set off Murray. Although tbf he nearly lost one or two today, so maybe it's not going to be THAT straightforward. It really is a ridiculously easy path to the semis, though.

3R

Berrer

4R

Troicki/dolgo

QF

Kubot/Rosol/Anderson/Falla

Luvly-jubly.

Saw that on the French Open site yesterday, it looks too good to be true. No-one anywhere near as good as Murray until the Semi's. I'd say Troicki is a bigger threat to him that Dolgopolov however.

Murray has owned Troicki every time he's ever played him, whereas last year he had a few struggles with Dolgopolov, who is just so random that people find it tough to get in any sort of rhythm against him.

He should beat them both, but Troicki is the safer bet, I think.

It's straightforward because Murray is going for everything and getting it. Commentator was spot on when he mentioned what the journalists will write about Murray playing with a freedom and enjoyment.

His ankle looked bad, I honestly thought he'd have to stop. Magnificent effort to limp through this.

He might be able to get past Troicki and whoever his QF opponent is with his ankle like that, but against a quality opponent like Nadal or Soderling, he's got no chance.

Hope it's not as bad as it looks, but it DID look bad.

I'm sorry but if Murray plays this afternoon I have to question his dying swan act the other day.

You don't recover from an injury that apparently bad in a couple of days.

I'm sorry but if Murray plays this afternoon I have to question his dying swan act the other day.

You don't recover from an injury that apparently bad in a couple of days.

Well the TV pictures showed clearly him twisting his ankle. The seriousnous of an ankle injury can take time to determine. There will likely be a weakness in his ankle, but perhaps not serious enough to prevent him playing.