Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I think the extended break away did him good. He was advised well. Nadal is back to Fourth in the World after Ferrer's surprise loss in Round Two. Not only is Nadal back, but the Del Potro of 2009 is back. His forehand this week was fantastic.

He was 12/1 at the start of the week to win the title. I had toyed with the idea of sticking a tenner on after the way he bummed David Ferrer on the clay the week before.

I had backed Nadal e/w. As I thought his half of the draw was easier. I thought Djokovic or Murray would be too much for him, and I still think they would have been. The only thing stopping Del Potro winning yesterday was a bit of tiredness I thought. Nadal looks fit and healthy and his knee held up well. He has also elected to miss Miami, so he doesn't want to risk the knee yet. He will win the French again. You would think Murray will be number two in the world in time for the French Open, although they could easily put Nadal as a number one seed if they wanted.

Yeah Wimbledon and the French used to piss all manner of players off when there used to be only sixteen seeds. But since the seeds were expanded to 32 seeds they have largely went with rankings. Switching first to second seed doesn't really cause a problem.

It will be interesting to see if nadal slips to 5th before the French if he will be moved into the top two seeds or top four seeds. I personally don't think he should, and I doubt nadal would be bothered in the slightest

56 minutes and done. 6-3 6-1. Tomic really is a bit of a disgrace, couldn't be bothered for large parts of that match, really a waste of a player.

On the plus side, Murray did everything he needed to, completely professional.

Edited by true_rover

Tomic attitude stinks. He has more ability than he shows, but he hasn't developed at all in the past two years, and he has gone back in development. Murray didn't even have to spend much energy to win that match.

Just saw the full match there on Sky. They managed to fit it into an hour show which was amusing. Yeah, professional enough from Murray against a guy who seems to hate playing tennis. He can feel free to piss off as far as I'm concerned. He a fucking zoomer.

A zoomer indeed. He chucked that match after Murray held for 2-2.

He had a good start to the year, but the annihilation Federer handed to him in front of his home crowd was far too amusing. It is a shame as he was quite a promising player two years ago. His game shapes up quite well against Djokovic. Winning twice against him. The most amusing story about Tomic is Hewitt asked to practise with him at Wimbledon, and Tomic refused saying Hewitt wasn't good enough to hit with him. Hewitt was no.1 in the world at the age Tomic is now!

I reckon Dimitrov can cause Murray a few problems this afternoon. We saw in Brisbane that he can compete with Murray and the guy appears to be improving all the time. 'Baby Fed' is what the press have labelled him. His style is very similar to Federer's. I suppose we will need to wait and see how he develops over the season and into next year.

That said however, Murray's game suits the Miami conditions.. He uses the slice and drop shot quite well and he is probably the best player in the world at dealing with windy conditions. He's won this tournament before and been a losing finalist as well so I can see him going deep this week. He knows how to play Miami. It's his second home after all.