Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

You can see why the top players regularly elect to miss Davis Cup ties when courts are not up to competition standard. The way that clay court cut up with the simplest of slides is dangerous.

I think Murray will play the doubles. He wants to win this tie. I would also expect Fognini to play the doubles ahead of either of their nominated picks.

I think Murray will play the doubles. He wants to win this tie. I would also expect Fognini to play the doubles ahead of either of their nominated picks.

Correct the doubles will be Murray/Fleming v Bolelli/Fognini.

The 3/1 on offer this morning for GB to win this tie was stunning.

Andy Murray was always going to play the doubles mainly as he is the best doubles player we have irrespective of how often he actually plays doubles. His quick thinking on numerous points forced errors and he was able to hit clean winners. I thought Fleming had a run of poor service games which coincided with Bollelli and Fogning stepping up their games they took the third set and got a break up in the fourth. However they were largely in control throughout the match. Fleming was inspired at the tail end of the fourth set.

Fognini is great entertainment. Always likely to spit his dummy. I think Andy will try to rile him a bit tomorrow, as I don't think he liked being tagged a couple of times. if he beats Fognini tomorrow he will gain a further 130 ranking points.

The 3/1 on offer this morning for GB to win this tie was stunning.

Andy Murray was always going to play the doubles mainly as he is the best doubles player we have irrespective of how often he actually plays doubles. His quick thinking on numerous points forced errors and he was able to hit clean winners. I thought Fleming had a run of poor service games which coincided with Bollelli and Fogning stepping up their games they took the third set and got a break up in the fourth. However they were largely in control throughout the match. Fleming was inspired at the tail end of the fourth set.

Fognini is great entertainment. Always likely to spit his dummy. I think Andy will try to rile him a bit tomorrow, as I don't think he liked being tagged a couple of times. if he beats Fognini tomorrow he will gain a further 130 ranking points.

Jesus that's awesome! Hope you got on it.

3/1 for GB to win was immense to win by any standards for effectively a 3/5 tennis match was brilliant. I saw it's of it and I'd Murray plays the same against Fognini he'll win easily. Some of the lobs he played were incredible doubles. He's be number 1 if he played more.

FWIW doubles is fantastic to watch. I play it and you learn so much about things and generally coding and timing from watching such good pros.

You get ranking points? :unsure:

Yes. World group Play off, you get 15 points for winning both singles. First Round, you get 80 points for winning both singles. Quarter Finals 130 points for winning both singles. Semi Finals 140 points for winning both. For winning both in the Final you get 150 points plus 125 points for winning the trophy. So successful Davis Cup campaign can net you up to 625 points. By the time the Final gets played the World Group play off points will be dropped from your record.

Minor question but tennis followers may know - what decides home advantage in the Davis Cup? Is it random draw? I thought I heard mention a while ago that whoever was away the last time 2 countries met hosts the next one.

It isn't random. We hosted Italy last time we met, so it was our turn to visit them. If we are to go through we would be home to Switzerland or away to Kazakhstan. If they haven't met since 1970 they randomly select who will be at home.

3/1 for GB to win was immense to win by any standards for effectively a 3/5 tennis match was brilliant. I saw it's of it and I'd Murray plays the same against Fognini he'll win easily. Some of the lobs he played were incredible doubles. He's be number 1 if he played more.

FWIW doubles is fantastic to watch. I play it and you learn so much about things and generally coding and timing from watching such good pros.

They were 21/10 to win the match before Fognini even won the first rubber. The odds drifted to 3/1 because Italy had the point on the board, but that was a point I never expected GB to get anyway, so it was better for me.

The prices have drifted wildly all week. Started around 13/8, when Fognini was an injury doubt we came in to just over Evens. When Murray had the shites we drifted out to 21/10.