Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

A 40th career singles title for Andy.  He really is #sum #boi.

A jaunt down the road to Shanghai for the penultimate Masters of the year now.  He'll be desperate for the hat-trick of titles here to push Novak for the top spot.

Good stuff. Commentator said Murray is only the 16th player in the history of the sport to reach 40 titles, just incredible. So thats Murray closed the gap to Djokovic by 1000 ranking points, still miles behind. Think the gap is 3,700 points behind now? 

15 minutes ago, Mr Anderson said:

Good stuff. Commentator said Murray is only the 16th player in the history of the sport to reach 40 titles, just incredible. So thats Murray closed the gap to Djokovic by 1000 ranking points, still miles behind. Think the gap is 3,700 points behind now? 

Compared to Djokovic he has very few points to defend though. I still can't see him getting the number one ranking by the end of the year, however I'm pretty sure he'll go into the Australian Open knowing a win there will see him as number 1.

43 minutes ago, Mr Anderson said:

Open Era.  According to Sky Sports Tennis only started in 1967.  But either way it shows how good a career he has had.

Although the gap is still quite large, Djokovic can't gain any points until next year.  He won Shanghai, Paris and WTF last season (3300 points although he lost a group match last season so he could gain 200).  Murray has 1160 to defend (360 for Shanghai, 600 for Paris and 200 for WTF), Murray has also added Vienna to his schedule.   Murray could clear 4,000 points by winning all four events.  By winning all four he will be world number one, a big ask.  Will be interesting to see if Lendl appears in the run in to the year.

However if he meets Djokovic and loses that pretty much would guarantee Djokovic year end number one barring an absolute disaster.  But I agree with Diamonds are Forever it's not likely to happen this year.  But he isn't playing the Hopman Cup next year so he might add a tournament before the Oz open.

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I've not been keeping up with the tennis recently so don't the latest with Andy- has he still not found a personality and still being a dour faced tosser?

Well the latest with Andy is he just won the China Open so get it up ye.

On 07/10/2016 at 14:33, ayrmad said:

Go on rebuke it.

Have to apologise for posting tables, on my laptop they're nice neat easy to read tables, on someone's mobile they're an eye bleed.

ANDY MURRAY.xlsx

It's excellent for Kyle's career that he is now getting to play the top level guys, as he'll know exactly what he needs to do to continually improve.  He has played Murray, Djokovic and tomorrow Wawrinka.  Plus you just never know what Stan Wawrinka will turn up, the all conquering Grand Slam champion or the player that goes through the motions.  Certainly a chance for an upset if he can keep his serve together.

35 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's excellent for Kyle's career that he is now getting to play the top level guys, as he'll know exactly what he needs to do to continually improve.  He has played Murray, Djokovic and tomorrow Wawrinka.  Plus you just never know what Stan Wawrinka will turn up, the all conquering Grand Slam champion or the player that goes through the motions.  Certainly a chance for an upset if he can keep his serve together.

Exactly! It is quite exciting to see how he progresses. I can only see him improving.