Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Caught the last set with breaks galore but well over 3 hours and he did what was needed. Did not see the limp and some of his movements were really fast so it looks good. As for the Petchey and Courier commentary it rarely mentions what is actually going on so glad I am not of poor eyesight. They spent ages discussing the camber of the court!  Said Andy was well in control just as he lost a service game! The streaming on iPad was good quality and no adverts etc so 30 day trial looks promising. Interesting game against Verdasco which based on head to head Andy should win. Liked his faded light blue/white "outfit" if not the pink edged trainers.

ATP

Troicki to beat Sandgren

Hanfmann to beat Kohlschreiber

Maden to beat Pouille

Bhambri to beat Herbert

WTA

Glushko to beat Niculescu

Di Lorenzo to beat McHale

COMO

Pavic to beat Brown

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Hope you didn’t put much on that.
I had a successful opening day with £34 profit on Norrie, Wawrinka, Venus and Strycova

I don't put anything on them.

I think Murray played okay last night, was a bit passive when Duckworth was looking to unleash his backhand. Although the tactic worked in the end as Duckworth littered the match with errors.

He will need to be better to have a chance against Verdasco. Despite having a 13-1 H2H advantage they’ve been many close encounters. Murray famously coming back from 2-0 down at Wimbledon.

Del Potro looked imperious last night.

The QoS fan that spammed all the results when they happened without adding anything else to the thread did it.  I think he was banned and I did one after that, but didn't do it the following year.  I dare say if we can find an old thread we can just steal the rules again.

Djokovic v Fucsovics looks absolutely grinding on both guys. Hard to see either of them lasting until the end.
Djokovic won in 4, with both players complaining about the conditions. Djokovic asked for a sick bucket to be placed next to his seat.

6 men retired mid match yesterday, with 5 of them being described as heat related. Mikhail Youzhny was one of them in what was his last appearance at a grand slam.