Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Williams getting her arse skelped so tried to put her opponent off by having a meltdown, good to see it didn't work.

The whole "I have a baby, I'd never cheat" meltdown almost made Tennis interesting.

Edited by drs

I actually meant to put a bet on Osaka before the quarters, pretty gutted but I managed to get it on before the semis at least.

She was fecking brilliant the whole tournament.

Shame it's been rather spoiled by the cretinous behaviour of her opponent and the crowd

Screenshot_20180908-231016_Sky Bet.jpg

From the BBC website.

23:16

Post update

Serena Williams' coach Patrick Mouratoglou has reportedly admitted to ESPN that he was coaching on court.

That was what started the whole situation.

That was when Serena Williams received her first violation in the match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/45248899

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Twitter dribblers have somehow turned Serena's cunty behaviour into an equality issue.

Apparently Ramos is racist and sexist. Only against one of the minority women, though.

Your point is well made. She`s made a total twat of herself tonight. 

TBF lots of the stuff on twatter is condemning her big style. 

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Brings the whole "you owe me an apology" thing into sharp focus.  The code violation like those which followed were all absolutely appropriate. 

It`s interesting that her coach admits he was coaching but says he doesn`t think Serena looked at him. And anyway everyone does it. WTF :lol: 

Deary me.

Edit to add from Serena press conference:- 

On Mouratoglou saying he had coached Serena: “I literally just heard this. What’s he talking about? We don’t have signals. I’m trying to figure out why he would say that. I want to clarify myself what he said. I wasn’t being coached.”

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Whether or not the equality lobby go to town, it's sad all the coverage is about Serena Williams and the circumstance supposedly contributing to her loss, and not about Osaka the champion.

All the "I have a daughter!" and "I'm a woman!" stuff was nuts; coupled with her coach's antics, racquet smashing and pettiness, her abuse of the ref as a "thief" and "liar" was totally out of order.

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Whether or not the equality lobby go to town, it's sad all the coverage is about Serena Williams and the circumstance supposedly contributing to her loss, and not about Osaka the champion.

All the "I have a daughter!" and "I'm a woman!" stuff was nuts; coupled with her coach's antics, racquet smashing and pettiness, her abuse of the ref as a "thief" and "liar" was totally out of order.

Totally agree.  The lack of class displayed by Serena was only outdone by that of the morons in the crowd. Utterly pathetic stuff. The level of minterness can only get worse if we get a Trump Tweet on the matter. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer