Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

She's just making up excuses
She should be apologising to the officials and her opponent

I completely agree. Her behaviour was completely unbecoming of tennis - although let’s be careful of turning tennis into some kind beacon of sporting behaviour.

All these white knights appearing out of the woodwork to defend the honour of poor Serena from the oppressive devil white man :lol:

mlady.jpg

The ubiquitous feminist victim card gambit in action - act a c**t, blame someone else,  demand reparations, turn on the waterworks, screech about 'misogyny'.

Alpha umpire not falling for it :wub:

10 minutes ago, banana said:

All these white knights appearing out of the woodwork to defend the honour of poor Serena from the oppressive devil white man :lol:

mlady.jpg

The ubiquitous feminist victim card gambit in action - act a c**t, blame someone else,  demand reparations, turn on the waterworks, screech about 'misogyny'.

Alpha umpire not falling for it :wub:

As much as I hate agreeing with this weirdo, a lot of comments on social media are very much along these lines

I keep seeing people saying 'isnt it funny that the people disagreeing with Serena are men?' Or even 'white men' in some cases. Absolutely cretinous argument

At least p&b is unanimous, always good to know there are some things that we can all agree on.

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The folk at the stadium were on her side and thought the ref was out of order, the reverse for people watching just the clips.

She's a home favourite playing in front of a partisan crowd - that sort of behaviour tends to get excused to an extent in such circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Binos said:

The commentators, journalists, past players

None of them can bring themselves to say it as it is

She's a disgrace

Many backing her.

Sue Barker on the BBC website saying Serena "has a point" on the sexism claim and that the solution to Ramos "doing it by the book" is that "sometimes the rulebook has to be rewritten". She also says coaching will have to be allowed, rather than punished, plus game concessions should only be given by the tournament supervisor (who of course won't have been present when an incident occurs other than by chance through most of a competition).

You've also got Marion Bartolli saying his decision was "totally not acceptable", and calling for him to be sanctioned as Williams didn't "curse or give verbal abuse" (?) especially when men "never get a warning for saying things that are 10 times worse" (except Ramos regularly does exactly that)...

Chris Evert thinks she only went "a little too far but had every right to say it" - and Ramos should have "given her a break due to the enormity of the moment".

Basically... it's the umpire's fault.

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Many backing her.

Sue Barker on the BBC website saying Serena "has a point" on the sexism claim and that the solution to Ramos "doing it by the book" is that "sometimes the rulebook has to be rewritten". She also says coaching will have to be allowed, rather than punished, plus game concessions should only be given by the tournament supervisor (who of course won't have been present when an incident occurs other than by chance through most of a competition).

You've also got Marion Bartolli saying his decision was "totally not acceptable", and calling for him to be sanctioned as Williams didn't "curse or give verbal abuse" (?) especially when men "never get a warning for saying things that are 10 times worse" (except Ramos regularly does exactly that)...

Chris Evert thinks she only went "a little too far but had every right to say it" - and Ramos should have "given her a break due to the enormity of the moment".

Calling him a liar and thief isn't verbal abuse?

She pretty much accused him of being a cheat, though very cleverly avoided using that word.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Many backing her.

I'm absolutely shocked at the narrative I'm seeing today. What happened last night was a fucking disgrace. Simple as that. And there is a queue of 'experts' justifying it, plus the pieces I've read that condemn her are still full of caveats suggesting she was right 'a bit'.

We really are living in a world where facts and justification don't seem to matter anymore. 

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Many backing her.

Sue Barker is talking bilge

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

As much as I hate agreeing with this weirdo, a lot of comments on social media are very much along these lines

I keep seeing people saying 'isnt it funny that the people disagreeing with Serena are men?' Or even 'white men' in some cases. Absolutely cretinous argument

At least p&b is unanimous, always good to know there are some things that we can all agree on.

28 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm absolutely shocked at the narrative I'm seeing today. What happened last night was a fucking disgrace. Simple as that. And there is a queue of 'experts' justifying it, plus the pieces I've read that condemn her are still full of caveats suggesting she was right 'a bit'.

We really are living in a world where facts and justification don't seem to matter anymore. 

Delighted to see more of the P&B Massif getting their first real inklings of the massive scam that is Feminism.

Now realise that Serena's tantrum and tactics is 40+ years par for the course for Feminism (and other victimhood activism) in education, academia, government, media, various tech industry, ...

Welcome aboard the 'misogyny' train, chaps! :)

Delighted to see more of the P&B Massif getting their first real inklings of the massive scam that is Feminism.

Now realise that Serena's tantrum and tactics is 40+ years par for the course for Feminism (and other victimhood activism) in education, academia, government, media, various tech industry, ...

Welcome aboard the 'misogyny' train, chaps! [emoji4]

The very definition of tedious.

Serena pulled a McEnroe, and was bang out of order.

I'm slightly surprised by the backing she's got (especially in the American media). But that's as much down to intimidation as anything else.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The very definition of tedious.

Serena pulled a McEnroe, and was bang out of order.

I'm slightly surprised by the backing she's got here. But that's as much down to intimidation as anything else.

You have to give Williams some credit here - she's acted like a complete arsehole, ruined the greatest moment of her opponent's young career, slandered an official, and she's still come out as the good guy.

Politicians across the world will be desperate for her spin doctors.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Serena Williams was obviously out of order, lost the plot and showed absolutely no class. Unfairly accusing the umpire of sexism is very poor as well.

She’s still an icon though, a top professional, one of the greatest players of all time and an absolute wid. 

No, one of the greatest female players of all time,

Even at her peak she wouldn't make the mens' top 200.

Edited by Arch Stanton

31 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You have to give Williams some credit here - she's acted like a complete arsehole, ruined the greatest moment of her opponent's young career, slandered an official, and she's still come out as the good guy.

Politicians across the world will be desperate for her spin doctors.

You've just described Trump's playbook..

Same shite at my work. As men we are (told to) encouraged to support womans network events, participate in woman's week etc. Woman's network seminar. Normally I wouldn't mind as I'm for equality but they already hold greater than 50% of senior positions in my company. Nothing for men.... Positive discrimination at its worst and you can say f**k all about it.