Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Isn't the point of a caricature to look like the person? The Mick Jagger image someone posted above is clearly Mick Jagger. I do not require his to be holding a microphone or to be on stage or shoving a Mars Bar up someone's chuff to realise it's Mick Jagger.

If that image of Serena wasn't jumping on a tennis racket would you be able to say "yup. That's Serena Williams?" I'd doubt it. It's more just a bunch of lazy blackface style caricatures put onto a body.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If that image of Serena wasn't jumping on a tennis racket would you be able to say "yup. That's Serena Williams?" I'd doubt it. It's more just a bunch of lazy blackface style caricatures put onto a body.

Grand Mufti / Commissar, what's an acceptable cartoon of a black person? Share with us your 'Progressive' dictates so those kafir/reactionary cartoonists can receive the required Re-education!

#tothegulags

7 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You seem upset. Triggered much snowflake?

Ok, for a start, how about a cartoon that looks like the individual involved rather than just racist tropes of black people? Once that's sorted yer jammin'

EXACTLY, I still have no idea which umpire that is in the cartoon!

We're merely looking for clear and strong leadership on this pressing cartooning issue, Dear Leader. Please share examples of acceptable cartoons of black people for Reeducation purposes!

You really are a slevvering idiot aren't you?

The umpire is not the aim of the cartoon. It's Serena. Both the umpire and the opposition player are just background characters in the cartoon. I assume you have figured this out and are being purposefully belligerent and obtuse. Either that or you are a total melt.

And, for some reason, you seem very upset that someone disagrees with you. Resorting to weird Stalinist language to discredit anyone with an opinion that differs from your own, ironically, makes you look more like the totalitarian fool than anyone you're directing your nonsense toward. I suggest you go take a deep breath and smell the flowers or something. Clearly the idea of people pointing out potential racism looks like it might give you an embolism.

34 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Isn't the point of a caricature to look like the person? The Mick Jagger image someone posted above is clearly Mick Jagger. I do not require his to be holding a microphone or to be on stage or shoving a Mars Bar up someone's chuff to realise it's Mick Jagger.

I think it's a fairly decent caricature of her.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The umpire is not the aim of the cartoon. It's Serena. Both the umpire and the opposition player are just background characters in the cartoon.

Marginalise the roles of Asian women and white males, very good Commissar!

The cartoonist Reeducation camps are ready for populating, please forward those examples as soon as possible so we can commence raids on the homes and museums!

3 minutes ago, banana said:

Seems 'Progressives' can't distinguish one black person from the next, even with context. Bizarre racism.

That's literally the opposite of what I said. I said it required context to distinguish Serena from other black people whereas other caricatures, such as the one posted of Jagger, do not require context.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

That's literally the opposite of what I said. I said it required context to distinguish Serena from other black people whereas other caricatures, such as the one posted of Jagger, do not require context.

Dear Leader, I plead haste! Eleven new Problematic cartoons have been drawn since my first request for examples! Cities are about to burn down!

Perhaps a drawing by your own hand can revive morale and save this precarious situation?

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The only context needed was the knowledge that Williams made a c**t of herself, zero background was required to know who that was, anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves on for some strange reason.

That's the point. Redrawing some old racist tropes, intentionally or not, and throwing it on a tennis court makes it obvious who it was within context given the news of the day. You're kinda agreeing with me here that it was the context of the caricature that identified her and not the caricature itself which is, clearly, just racist drawing of a black woman.