Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I remember Fognini beating Andy in the Davis Cup a few years ago, and thought this Italian stallion looks some player. Every time I've watched him since he's been rank......until this evening of course!

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I remember Fognini beating Andy in the Davis Cup a few years ago, and thought this Italian stallion looks some player. Every time I've watched him since he's been rank......until this evening of course!

He plays like a top player every time he plays Nadal as well. If he wasn't a headcase he'd have been a very successful player in his career.

Personally I think Murray has lost his edge since taking no 1 and cementing it at world tour finals. Hopefully I'm wrong but he does seem to have lost a bit of focus and direction.
Can't see him doing much in Rome and I can't see him match his final appearance in Paris.
But I wouldn't be surprised if he wins Wimbledon. He absolutely loves it there, pressure not like it used to be.... and it's all about Grand Slams for him now

18 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

This is his last event before the French?

Yeah.

3 clay tournaments, 7 matches played if I'm remembering right, which isn't ideal preparation.

Lost a lot of points here, and looks like he will again at RG.

The last time he played this badly was around the time of his back surgery.  He is now 3500 behind Nadal in the race, and looks likely to surrender the number one spot after Wimbledon most likely to Nadal.  i think he will need a nice draw to go deep in the French.

However Fabio was superb, he's absolutely sublime at times.  Murray didn't even bother attempting to run down his drop shots they were that good.

4 clay tournaments.

Monte Carlo: Muller and Ramos-Vinolas

Barcelona: Lopez, Ramos-Vinolas and Thiem

Madrid: Copil and Coric

Rome: Fognini

Good to see the French telling Sharapova to feck off. The tournament director was quoted as saying "you can get a wildcard if you are coming back from injury, but not if you are coming back from a drug ban."

She has amassed enough points to get her a place in Wimbledon qualifying.

Sascha Zverev is already looking like the real deal. Beat Djokovic in straight sets without facing a break point to win the title. You wouldn't think clay would be a great surface for him either.

Wonder what his odds will be like for Wimbledon?