Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

He  announced after the US Open the two tournaments in China would finish his season.  He picked up a slight knee injury in Sheznen so elected to miss Beijing.  Won't be seen until January.

Djokovic is back in Zen mode.  He is back to his best and will not lose another match this year.  From January it will all be on Amazon Prime who have hired the good co-commentators and have hired people from tennis podcasts that know the game, rather than give Inverdale a gig.

Djokovic is back in Zen mode.  He is back to his best and will not lose another match this year.  From January it will all be on Amazon Prime who have hired the good co-commentators and have hired people from tennis podcasts that know the game, rather than give Inverdale a gig.
Presume Wimbledon stays on BBC?

On 19/10/2018 at 11:49, lichtie23 said:

Final set tiebreaks at Wimbledon next year.

On 19/10/2018 at 13:37, Loki said:

Only after 12-12 though

About fucking time. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

When Murray retires (probably next year tbh) move the thread to gold and start a fresh tennis thread. 

His 2 Wimbledon victories on here are some of my favourite days on his site.  

I was still in retail when he won his first Wimbledon, and was working on that Sunday. Some English customer had wandered in watching the final on his phone, and I spent about 15 minutes, along with about five other people (a mixture of customers and staff), huddled around this guy's iPhone for that ridiculous final game.

Went home that night and watched the whole thing again.

Football brings far more scenes in general than tennis, but the joy from Andy winning that was something else.

Edited by Nightmare

I was still in retail when he won his first Wimbledon, and was working on that Sunday. Some English customer had wandered in watching the final on his phone, and I spent about 15 minutes, along with about five other people (a mixture of customers and staff), huddled around this guy's iPhone for that ridiculous final game.

Went home that night and watched the whole thing again.

Football brings far more scenes in general than tennis, but the joy from Andy winning that was something else.

This in spades, except the retail bit of course. Watched the match live whilst recording it; stopped myself hiding behind sofa at the tricky bits (especially that last game). Watched it again, then watched Today at Wimbledon, recorded sky sports line, watched that, got up in morning... Wall to wall coverage on BBC and SKY. Absolute fantastic time to be alive!!!!

Second title was fantastic also, but that first one was the best, sent two fingers up to all the Murray haters.... The boy from Dunblane had done it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...