Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Going by his interviews that's definitely how he feels now. I think he's worked so ridiculously hard over the past 4 years that it's all just a relief to be competitive at all. He lost heavily to the world 12 and 9, but apart from a wobble he hammered the world number 29. I think he'll enjoy winning a match or two at tournaments and maybe he'll take a scalp at some point.

But I wonder how long that would be enough for him. It must be so frustrating not being able to do what he could before.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I think you can see that already. He was getting very frustrated/angry when he played shots that he used to be able to pull off but can’t anymore. Maybe it’s down to not playing a lot and some of it will come back to him or it could be that he just can’t do it anymore.

14 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, that’s a good point. I think you can see that already. He was getting very frustrated/angry when he played shots that he used to be able to pull off but can’t anymore. Maybe it’s down to not playing a lot and some of it will come back to him or it could be that he just can’t do it anymore.

Yeah, his post-match comments in The Grauniad suggest, to me anyway, if he can't play his way back into being a contender again then he'll be looking to wind down and retire.

Andy Murray’s wild journey ends with thumping from Denis Shapovalov | Wimbledon | The Guardian

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

Looking like the real deal here. Opponent looks rattled.

This looks won already. When was the last time a British lassie made into the 2nd week of Wimbledon? I’m guessing Konta 

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Looking like the real deal here. Opponent looks rattled.

Hard to believe she's only 18, the way she is playing.  Doesn't seem phased. Then again Elena Baltacha (rip) did the same at the same age and didn't kick on.

Edited by sparky88

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Calm down Gary Glitter 

Come on, Come on.    Think he preferred lovely little boys.

Seriously young Emma would give Andy a run for his money in this form.

Edited by ICTJohnboy