Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Danny Lennon a popular option among 'well fans? His record at this level is appears steady considering the resources he would have had (11th, 8th, 11th comfortably away from relegation, 8th and a cup win) and you saw what happened to St Mirren when he left. He wouldn't be the most inspiring but he's someone who I'd imagine would get the job done and improve the squad.

A pal of mine who knows some people worth knowing ;) said to me recently Billy Reid is choking to get back involved again in a high profile-ish job

From the area and knows the Scottish game and available.

How would that go down?

Curious about this too. Would he be a popular choice? He did a terrific job at Hamilton keeping them up for three seasons with the lowest budget by far. His style was criticised but I got the impression that it was mainly down to resources.

Billy Reid :lol:

Count me out if that ever comes to fruition. As said elsewhere, Mixu would be an interesting one.

The bookies odds are always tremendous in these types of jobs. Last year, Billy Stark was odds on favourite for the job for about a fortnight because he had left the Scotland U21 role. The bookies do not have a clue.

van der Gaag is the second most expensive player Motherwell have bought, at £400k, and was at Fir Park from 1995-1997. Remains a cult hero with the fans thanks to his late free-kick that he scored that saved us from a relegation play-off (think it might have been against Airdrie?). I believe it was his last ever game for us too.

I do think, with regards to the manager, we won't see a new one before the international break. We've got Celtic at home on October 17th, which is a free hit as nobody expects anything from it, so i'd expect the board to take their time with this and give Craigan/Robinson the Partick and Dundee games.

I'm sure the free kick in question was against dunfermline desp.

If rumours are to believed he never got the gig last time because he wanted to change things immediately whilst baraclough was going to do it over a longer time period.

Ian Holloway would certainly brighten up scottish football

I'm sure the free kick in question was against dunfermline desp.

If rumours are to believed he never got the gig last time because he wanted to change things immediately whilst baraclough was going to do it over a longer time period.

Ian Holloway would certainly brighten up scottish football

Yeah, it was Dunfermline. I didn't make that post clear. The Airdrie comment was who I thought the relegation play-off was against.

That Dunfermline game will live long in the memory!

Archived