Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been banned from Steelmen for a while now 8)

P&B is where all the cool kids (and MJC) are anyway 8)

Indeed :D

I ditched steelmenonline about a year ago now and my life's been better since 8)

:lol:

What for?

Aye, what for?

Some achievement getting banned from that nuthoose!

That there are people literally promising to "no be back" as a result of taking McGhee on is a total fucking embarrassment...

Welcome to our world. This is the kind of self-important shite that we've been hearing down in Ayrshire for a couple of years now. It's little more than jumped up p***ks believing themselves to be more important than they are.

If you want to go to the football, go to the football. If you don't want to go to the football, don't fucking go. It's the pathetic soapboxing that I can't stand.

"We'll not be back until MJ is gone"... MJ gone, crowds down even further.

"We'll not be back until AJ is gone"... AJ gone, no discernible difference.

"We'll not be back until it's cheaper".. Ticket pricing schedule now changed...let's see what Saturday brings :rolleyes:

Welcome to our world. This is the kind of self-important shite that we've been hearing down in Ayrshire for a couple of years now. It's little more than jumped up p***ks believing themselves to be more important than they are.

If you want to go to the football, go to the football. If you don't want to go to the football, don't fucking go. It's the pathetic soapboxing that I can't stand.

"We'll not be back until AJ is gone"... AJ gone, no discernible difference.

"We'll not be back until it's cheaper".. Ticket pricing schedule now changed...let's see what Saturday brings :rolleyes:

I remember posting something similar on steelmenonline when the Rangers/liquidation/what to do with Newco debacle was going on. There was pages snd pages of chest thumping, mock outrage and folk vowing that they would turn their backs on the club if we voted to allow the Newco into the SPL. I called that out as total bullshit at the time as I believed that those who were coming out with that would attend the football the following season regardless of what happened and those who only turn out for the big games, cup games, European matches would still only turn out for those matches. Needless to say the usual suspects rounded on me, foaming at the mouth, calling me for everything but I stood by what I said at the time and guess what? Newco weren't allowed into the SPL and it didn't affect our crowds whatsoever at first, and now three years on, they are actually even lower than they were back in 2012 at the height of that debacle.

Whenever I hear a football fan vowing not to return to watch their side for whatever reason, I just reply with "if you say so". :)

If you want to go to the football, go to the football. If you don't want to go to the football, don't f*****g go. It's the pathetic soapboxing that I can't stand.

Aye, you get them on most club sites. All very melodramatic. If they don't want to go then they should just stop without the showboating.

Whenever I hear a football fan vowing not to return to watch their side for whatever reason, I just reply with "if you say so". :)

I always just presume they've shat it and have looked for a reason to sack it for ages.

:lol:

What for?

Aye, what for?

Some achievement getting banned from that nuthoose!

x3 what for?

I had always just tended to lurk about over there in fact I don't think I'd actually posted in the years that I'd had an account but with the whole McCall leaving, Baraclough being appointed and the ensuing debacle decided to pipe up a bit and chip in but the current levels of off the chart mentalness are genuinely making my head hurt.

I called people out for their stupidity. Maybe a bit harshly but they deserved it for posting their brain farts on the internet. I think I called someone an oxygen thief and another a good argument for abortions or something like that.

MJ has gone? I must have missed that.

I always just presume they've shat it and have looked for a reason to sack it for ages.

If someone is going to stop going to matches is going to stop going to matches they will do so because they either can't be bothered with it any more or genuinely can't because of work, money etc.

Anyone who vows to stop attending, with a good thump of the chest whilst astride a high horse, because of a managerial appointment or because the club voted on an issue in a way they didn't want them to is talking out their arse and is essentially just saying "look at me! Look at me!".

I'm disgusted about McGhee being appointed but I don't support Motherwell because of who the manager is, I support Motherwell because they are my club and nothing will change that.

McGhee was the worst manager in Aberdeen's history. JC left a bit of a mess but my god did McGhee f**k it up further.

Highlights: 9-0 obv

Spitting gate

Living in Brighton and commuting to Aberdeen.

Swapping our only full back for our eighth striker

Playing Rory McArdle at right midfield

Immediately declaring he would've preferred the Celtic job

Blaming everything on the players and accepting no blame himself.

He will fail at well and I will be pleased.

McGhee was the worst manager in Aberdeen's history. JC left a bit of a mess but my god did McGhee f**k it up further.

Spitting gate

Ha! I had forgotten all about that. He's always been the same though, did he not leave a couple of clubs in England under fairly unscrupulous circumstances?

If someone is going to stop going to matches is going to stop going to matches they will do so because they either can't be bothered with it any more or genuinely can't because of work, money etc.

Anyone who vows to stop attending, with a good thump of the chest whilst astride a high horse, because of a managerial appointment or because the club voted on an issue in a way they didn't want them to is talking out their arse and is essentially just saying "look at me! Look at me!".

Yes, such posts are about me, me me. No need to shout it from the rooftops. These kind of posts say as much, if not more, about the person posting than they do about the original subject matter.

Spitting gate

Tbf, I'd blame Jerel Ifil for most things.

On a side note, only me and three other people thought Stuart McCall would be back at FP...

I know fucking nothing about this game.

I got it right and voted McGhee

after he was appointed

A game that sticks with me more than most from McGhee's first tenure was a Scottish Cup tie with St.Mirren at Fir Park. We started the game with s baffling line up in what was quite obviously a 4-5-1 formation with David Clarkson(!) as a lone striker. We were second best all day long and only just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw after they'd hit the post in the last minute of added on time. McGhee came out afterwards and tried to claim it was a 4-3-3 formation, with Jim O'Brien and Marc fooking Fitzpatrick as the other two supposed forward players and whinged about the support rightly criticising him. We then went to Paisley and lost the replay 1-0 with another ridiculous lineup and inept display.

The man is full of shite.

Archived