Cockenzie power plant towers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in 2 minds, I'm the same about the gasometer frame at Granton.

The cock towers do look a bit shab like from Porty beach but driving by them you get the awe of what they once were, that great power station & workplace.

It's history & will remain in photies n shit but what price progress eh? The Fowler's Wee Heavy sign outside the Goth down the Pans brings back memories I never had of a great beer I never got to taste. Some things are bigger than us.

Grimbo

Its ugly as f**k and should be taken down

are you talking about Grim?

I quite like the Gasometer meself.. Some of the new (post 1990) buildings round Edinburgh are bloody awful and should be blown up IMHO

Yeah - I couldn't believe it was a "protected building" having said that it's not in a great area so it's probably not doing any harm

Yeah - I couldn't believe it was a "protected building" having said that it's not in a great area so it's probably not doing any harm

Not a great area? Throbber my man, it lies upon the cusp betwixt to grand footballing theaters. Spartans & Civil Service Strollers. The gasometer marks the halfway line.

There's been much regeneration in that area & is slowly morphing from a sow's ear into a silk purse.

A deer as even been sighted on the gasometer site. Although no photographic evidence as such has surfaced so don't give me the "pics or GTF" line.

They've even got a pure gym.

Grimbo

I have a pal in Doncaster who reckons one of his mates done a bit of work for Fred and old Fred tried to bump him for a a bit of his wages.

Oh aye he was a cannae man, not that I ever met him but the stories of his tight-fistedness are stuff of legends round Bolton. Jayne was/is lovely mind & was never a tight-arse when we worked together.

Grimbo

How many times did you see her arse during working hours, out of interest?

I could only give a rough estimate tbh, but out of a 7.5 hour day, my pb would have been around about 45, you have to take in the other factors that I was working in a team of 7 although 1 of them was a male so if I did look at his arse it was not for pleasure or anything. I would say it was just an honest mistake anyone could make. [scrambling for relevance], out of the 5 females there was only 3 on my to wid list, although I can chalk one off as a did. A lot of the work was lone working so I wouldn't have been physically able to view said arse. So 45 was a guid day.

Are there any decent erses in your line of work or any past jobs Mozzy, worth revealing?

Grimbo

Not a great area? Throbber my man, it lies upon the cusp betwixt to grand footballing theaters. Spartans & Civil Service Strollers. The gasometer marks the halfway line.

There's been much regeneration in that area & is slowly morphing from a sow's ear into a silk purse.

A deer as even been sighted on the gasometer site. Although no photographic evidence as such has surfaced so don't give me the "pics or GTF" line.

They've even got a pure gym.

Grimbo

Nah i do like it out there, i was just meaning the particular plot at which this gasometer sits doesn't scream out for anything else to replace it any time soon!

Lack of boozers in the area though

Nah i do like it out there, i was just meaning the particular plot at which this gasometer sits doesn't scream out for anything else to replace it any time soon!

Lack of boozers in the area though

Oh right I see what you mean. Yeah it could go with a bit of a tidy, aye & spot on re the rubbadubdubs round there. Aye f**k it are they encouraging drink driving or what. No way would I call the Anchor my local not the Gunner (which has sadly closed down).

Grimbo

Oh right I see what you mean. Yeah it could go with a bit of a tidy, aye & spot on re the rubbadubdubs round there. Aye f**k it are they encouraging drink driving or what. No way would I call the Anchor my local not the Gunner (which has sadly closed down).

Grimbo

I never sat foot in the anchor it looks awful. There is a new bar and grill open at that new hotel near the crewe toll roundabout that may be decent but i haven't been inside!

I never sat foot in the anchor it looks awful. There is a new bar and grill open at that new hotel near the crewe toll roundabout that may be decent but i haven't been inside!

Locally known as the Pilton Hilton. I've not been in the bar bit but went for a tea in the Starbucks (sorry comrades) looks decent enough but doubt it would be up to my standards.

Grimbo

Archived