Raith Rovers v Morton

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant scenes at the end. The players were truly loving it. Again the game follows the same pattern where we've held a lead, lost a goal before McKinnon goes for an attacking sub and we score a late winner.

Our defence was rock solid today, and while it's a shame we couldn't keep our record, but then we've equalled another club record in terms of home wins at the start of a season I believe.

For the game itself, as I said at half time, it was an end to end affair. For the second half we largely went backs to the wall and lost the goal. Even still, I love our back four at the moment. Benedictus and Toshney have a great understanding, McKeown was excellent and Thomson had a solid game grabbing the winner too. Aside from that Stewart did fantastic moving about the pitch and showed good instinct for the first.

It wasn't until the final few minutes things sparked into life again for ourselves. We had disallowed goal which I'm not sure what happened with but I'm sure the highlights will shed light on it. As for the winner, it was an utter scramble but they all count. The scenes at the end were phenomenal. The players and backroom staff were giving it massive licks in front of our fans.

Oh aye, and if folk come on looking for certain posters with a GIRUY, I wouldn't waste your time. Just enjoy the victory and the fact 'the famous' are the latest victim at Starks.

If you're looking to laugh at anyone, just have a chuckle at O'Hare for his genius idea of celebrating in front of our fans and giving it laldy, with 10 minutes to play.

Up to second, and still unbeaten at home but with Hibs next. St Mirren are proving to be an absolute irrelevance so far (despite the fears from many they were guaranteed top 3). Queens and Falkirk also lost too which can only be good news. We're only a quarter of the way through the season, but so far I'm loving watching how much fight the squad is showing. One questions though: when do the clocks go back? :unsure2:

If you're looking to laugh at anyone, just have a chuckle at O'Hare for his genius idea of celebrating in front of our fans and giving it laldy, with 10 minutes to play.

Or Bobby Barr booting the ball into the South Stand at full time and storming off in a huff down the tunnel without shaking hands with anyone. Bad loser award well and truly won!

That was bloody awesome.

Great noise in the South Stand and the crowd starting to climb as well.

Pretty even contest and you probably couldn't deny Morton their goal given the few chances they had cleared off the line. Like others I'm not sure what the first winner was ruled out for but Madden (who was shite) seemed to suggest it was for a foul from Daly. However we kept on plugging away and got it right up that fud O'Ware.

Toshney and Daly the stand outs for me this week.

Ray's Rovers march on.

You could tell how much it meant to the players to get the win, they never stopped trying after conceding the goal and then having a goal disallowed, well done to the team, last 5 mins were immense. As for the ref least said :blink:

The ref was terrible and lacked consistency knew when Stewart was brought down and no yellow was shown if we did the same we would get booked and was right. And if Benedictus was awarded to handle the ball then we should of had a penalty for hand ball as the morton defender did the same. No idea why our goal was ruled off either neither did the press box according to mat elder

But seriously is Jim duffys fav film the water boy and gave ur mascot a game in the 2nd half

Archived