Weirdest Rumour Involving Your Club

What is the weirdest rumour involving your club?

The weirdest one I can think of in terms of ICT was when we won the First Division back in 2010. Rumours went round in the week running up to the final game of the season against Dundee, that the 'special guest' that had been advertised was going to a half time set from Status Quo! Thankfully, we were 'treated' to a Rod Stewart tribute act instead...

There was also talk of us having a pre-season tour of Texas about a decade ago, with matches planned against FC Dallas and Houston Dynamo (I think this was something to do with having Alan Savage as chairman). Didn't happen of course. In a similar vein, in the late 90s/early 2000s there was talk playing pre-season games against Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao. Unsurprisingly, these didn't happen either.

So what's the most bizarre rumour involving your club?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabrizio Ravanel... oh wait.

Will never forget the time he came off the bench and scored a hat-trick against Clyde in less than 10 minutes in the League Cup. He even got a standing ovation from the Clyde fans that night - hands down the best player I've ever seen against us.

Archived