Hearts vs Celtic

hoopy1967

You realise just under a week ago said Fletcher was MoM and goalscorer of a half-volley in the vastly superior EPL, dont you?

Yeah, irreverent. How many times have we seen Fletcher score the odd Premier League goal only for it to be false hope he'll put a bit of form together? Unless you think one goal is enough to cement himself a place in the national team (he was pretty anonymous other than the goal), Griffiths should absolutely be given the chance. He's been outstanding this season.

I take it Celtic fans are happy for him to play for them now btw? :lol:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, irreverent. How many times have we seen Fletcher score the odd Premier League goal only for it to be false hope he'll put a bit of form together? Unless you think one goal is enough to cement himself a place in the national team (he was pretty anonymous other than the goal), Griffiths should absolutely be given the chance. He's been outstanding this season.

:

Fletchers got something like 6 goals in his last 5 games for club and country. If that's not form, what is? He also assisted the first Sunderland goal at the weekend, hardly pretty anonymous.

He is our first choice striker and will remain as such.

Fletchers got something like 6 goals in his last 5 games for club and country. If that's not form, what is? He also assisted the first Sunderland goal at the weekend, hardly pretty anonymous.

He is our first choice striker and will remain as such.

And Griffiths has scored fourteen goals this season already. Fletcher was our first choice striker in yet another failure of a qualifying campaign, scoring one goal in 7 games against full-time players. Until he stops starting every important match for us, we wont qualify for anything.

Not a massive deal between the sides last night, but I thought Celtic shaded it.

Forrest going off for Rogic seemed to change the game. They created relatively little before then and apart from a few long range efforts, their attacking players had offered no threat. Rogic coming on saw them create a lot more and look far better going forward. Griffiths goal was outstanding and his set up for the second just as good.

Hearts didn't have anyone stand out, though Sow put himself about a bit without ever really threatening to do much, beyond the offside effort.

Fair result I think.

And Griffiths has scored fourteen goals this season already. Fletcher was our first choice striker in yet another failure of a qualifying campaign, scoring one goal in 7 games against full-time players. Until he stops starting every important match for us, we wont qualify for anything.

If Fletcher played for Celtic he would score a bucket load as well. How many would Griffiths score in a struggling Sunderland team? :lol:

Griffiths goal was lovely, as was his touch for the run to set up the second. Callum Paterson claiming offside when it appears to be a cut back AND he's playing Rogic onside was quite funny. As for the Fletcher/Griffiths debate, Scotland go one up front, Fletcher has to be the man. Playing two up, I'd have Griffiths in there, everyday of the week, not sure Fletcher would be alongside him though.

And Griffiths is playing in Scotland. As with any players playing in Scotland, if they were good enough they'd be playing in England.

Fletcher is, Griffiths isn't.

Does he actually do that? :lol:

Aye he does , guy is a fruit cake , greeting on the bralt I should have been banned for saying I took hearts in good Protestant faith on my coupon last night on this thread before the game kicked off , a tounge in cheek comment which oor wizzy seems have got himself into a wee frenzy about

Aye he does , guy is a fruit cake , greeting on the bralt I should have been banned for jokingly saying I took hearts in good Protestant faith on my coupon last night .

He certainly is a numb nut

And I'm taking our catholic cousins Hibs to pump you lot on Sunday ;)

Will that provoke him into calling for me to be banned now? :D

Archived