Hearts vs Celtic

hoopy1967

Two moments of quality from Griffiths were the difference.

I really don't like us playing 4-4-2, we seem to lack ideas. 4-2-3-1 with Sow up front, Walker in behind and Djoum and Pallardo in midfield and we've got the makings of a pretty decent team.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time we play the Jambos I say this, no matter who you support get your money on Griffiths being booked, if he scores v Hearts you know what he's going to do next...its free money !!!

Aside from that he was unplayable 2nd half, virtually won the game single handed along with Rogic who was sensational in his 25 minutes or so...the rest of the players and the match....worse than shit

One other observation, that fat fucker at the corner of the main stand who ran across 5 rows of seats at Sow's 'goal' to taunt us before realising a full minute after the rest of the ground it had been dissalowed, can I just say, Hiya Paulo :lol:

Just watched the highlights on the BBC website. Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else in the thread (CBA reading back through it), but why was Griffiths not show a second yellow when he ran into the crowd after setting up Rogic for the second goal? Pretty sure that is a bookable offence, no matter if it was you that scored or not!

Hearts fans :lol:

The kind of filth non Celtic/Rangers fans bang on about is exclusively by Celtic/Rangers fans

Although you do have to laugh/wonder about the mentality of some fanny posting that on their OWN TWITTER with their OWN NAME and think it will pass by un-noticed with no chap at the door

Jesus Christ Hearts are brutal. Two games against us now they've not tried to play football and tried the old Stoke tactics of punting the ball and hacking the opposition.

Into the semi's while putting another diddy club in their place.

Pleasing.

Griffiths did little or nothing for most of the game and then a wee bit of magic and the racist homophobic thief has us beat again..

Hearts played well enough but still not enough belief or urgency it seems in the big games. If Juanma worked as hard as Sow, we'd get a lot more two. Also think Bitton and Thumb should/could have seen two yellows. It's Celtic though.

If Beaton does his job and gives Bitton his second yellow at 0-0 it's a different game, but he never.

Not much in it at all apart from two moments of brilliance from Griffiths, though I still feel we could've defended better at both, especially the second, but fair play to him. Griffiths was also extremely lucky not to get a second yellow card, but apparently leaving the pitch and jumping into the crowd isn't a yellow these days.

As for us, I thought we had a game plan and it worked for about an hour, but if you're playing that compact, you're going to have to open up at some point and we seemed reluctant to do so. Some positives, but ultimately not good enough.

But Steven Fletcher should be Scotland's first choice striker, mind.

:lol:

You realise just under a week ago said Fletcher was MoM and goalscorer of a half-volley in the vastly superior EPL, dont you?

You realise just under a week ago said Fletcher was MoM and goalscorer of a half-volley in the vastly superior EPL, dont you?

Really?! Abroad just now so miss a fair bit of stuff. Incredible. He's so hot and cold. Certainly I'd have given LG more of a chance for Scotland.

Griffiths is an absolute legend, bailed us out big time... Love to see him stick it to the Jambo's too!

We better get our shit together soon or we'll lose Leigh to a bigger club, he's pure quality and sticks out like a sore thumb within our ranks at the moment.

Great game, we really missed Broonie... Bitton & Johansen were pish but job done and into the next round so all is good. Cheers Robbie for not starting Walker too, mad decision but great for us.

Archived