Football Manager

CK

ive started my new game - Spurs in the premiership :)

I sold Freddy Kanute for £5m, but then Robbie Keane got injured, and i was left with only Defoe up front. Bought Veron for £4.7 from Chelsea with the money from Freddy, and have raided the scottish leagues for Webster and Broadfoot, Riordan and Oconner :)

Signed Riordan and Oconnor as backup, but sine Keane has been fit, Riordan has scored 2 in 2 games, so he's in the team.

Heres the current team, sitting 5th after 7 games gone, beat Chelsea 2-1, beat Liverpool 2-0 - but lost to villa and blew a 1-0 lead to Crystal palace :(

Current line up :)

spurs2ta.jpg

Riordan just scored against Man U in game 8 :) 3 in 3

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter MacDonald is unhappy with me, as I don't give him enough chances. I bloody gave him 7 or 8 chances and he's still not scored in about 20 appearances and its flamin February!! :angry:

I'm on a poor run of form, and 9th in the league :(

Peter MacDonald is unhappy with me, as I don't give him enough chances. I bloody gave him 7 or 8 chances and he's still not scored in about 20 appearances and its flamin February!! :angry:

I'm on a poor run of form, and 9th in the league :(

640742[/snapback]

Nobody likes me. Martin Prest was unhappy so I bumped him off to Argentina for £250,000. Some Under 19 guy ended up with a weird glitch. Every week, I would get 2 Unread Messages. The first would be saying he was no longer unhappy and liked me again. The second said he wasn't satisfied with how he was treated at the club.

He got released.

F'cking Rangers are w**kers. They signed Di Giacomo. He said he signed because of the chance to play in Europe. Nothing to do with the extra £5,000 a week, then. Arsehole.

my bubble firmly bust - gone 6 games without scoring now, and lost 4 and drawn 2 in that time, none of my strikers can hit a barn door with their arses now.

I need tactical help :)

my bubble firmly bust - gone 6 games without scoring now, and lost 4 and drawn 2 in that time, none of my strikers can hit a barn door with their arses now.

I need tactical help :)

640768[/snapback]

Put Veron as a defensive midfielder and see what happens :unsure:

Put Veron as a defensive midfielder and see what happens :unsure:

640779[/snapback]

Nah, he needs goals.

Instead of playing an Attacking Midfielder, play 3 strikers, with your wingers running full length (so they're level with the strikers) In your "Team Instructions" focus your passing down the wings, and encourage both your wingers to make deep crosses.

Again, theres no use playing 5 at the back if your not scoring.

640789[/snapback]

Its not really 5 at the back, its 3 centre backs, 2 defensive mids, who push right up to the attacking midfield bit. Then 3 centre mids, one of then pushes up to join the strikers

Marrez Go into...... Set Instruction (in tactics) them set intrusctions to team, when you get the list of instruction i.e. passing, tackling offside trap with dropdown menus next them, set passing to short, set mentallity to attacking and play a 4-4-2. If Zonal marking is on take it off. If you don't like 4-4-2 give veron a free role and encourage carrick to make attacking runs (run with the ball).

BTW, is there anything I can do about getting Ivan Hurtado a work permit? He looks a decent player, and would do a job for me, but the f'cking SFA (or whoever deals with work permits) won't let him in.

640805[/snapback]

Just keep buying him and it'll eventually go through, Also try carlos gammara or.

I've had the agent's approach a few times, but in CM0304.

Is Hurtado playing all or the majority of his country's games? It's rare to get a work permit if they aren't, as they would usually have to be an exceptional young player.

I'd give up on Hurtado, you won't a permit for him if it keeps getting KB'ed I'm 'fraid to say. :(

Ive changed tactics - masterstroke!

Didnt win in 9 games in a row, now ive changed to a 4-1-3-2 and ive won 4 in a row - defoe i critisised before the first game, and the goalie - and he's scored 6 in 4 games, only let in one goal, and veron has been man of the match 4 games in a row :)

My injury crisis is worsening :(

Joining Gardiner, Burns & Conway on the sidelines for the rest of the season are Wilford, Mensing & Arbuckle :(:(:(

Which means the only fit strikers I have are Harty, Gilhaney & MacDonald, but he can f'ck off right back to Perth. He's still not scored this season and blew my chances of winning at Ibrox when we were 1-0 up, and went on to lose 3-1 after his dismissal. Thinking of giving Kevin Bradley a few games to see who he does. Also considering getting Robert Snodgrass back on trial/short term deal or calling up an U19.

In March and I'm 11th, 1 point off the bottom. Not scored in 5 games now, last win came 8 games ago :(

Archived