Football Manager

CK

Got relegated, which was hradly surprising considering I had 10 players out injured for the last 2 months, and had to play 2 U19 players in my starting line up :(

But, the future is bright, won the Challenge Cup again, lost in the Quarter Finals of the CIS to a last minute extra time goal by Rangers, undefeated in the league, and its January. Plus I've humped Thistle 4-0 away and 6-1 at home in the league. Also gubbed them with my reserve side 4-1 in the Challenge Cup. The closest I've came to defeat was at Falkirk, where I was 1-0 down with 3 minutes to go, then I put Gary Arbuckle on and played 3 up front, and Arbuckle bags a double and an OG from a Falkirk player gives me 3 goals in 2 minutes

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scottish fitba appears to be collapsing in my game! :o

Dundee have just gone bust, and I doubt lowly Rangers will be able to survive much longer.

677342[/snapback]

What happens when a team goes bust?

St Mirren are mid-table in the third division in season 06-07 :o

680331[/snapback]

What an unrealistic game! :P

In my Scotland game, Gretna are 5th in the SPL after 3 successive promotions <_<

What an unrealistic game! :P

680386[/snapback]

Ross County are leading the way in Europe.

Hearts finished 8th in the 2nd.

St Johnstone, Dundee and Hamilton have all one it administration.

Roy Keane plays for Raith Rovers.

Berti Vogts has managed to stay employed in a decent managerial position (Hibs)

What do you mean unrealistic?

Actually, you might be right! I just noticed Alloa are in the SPL :huh:

Damnit!! :angry: Roy Keane is out for 5 months getting surgery for a recurring groin injury. He's retiring at the end of the season, i'll be lucky to get 15 games out of him now!

Scotland are, somehow, immense. They beat Finland 6-0, and Spain 2-0 at Hampden. They've won the World Cup Qualifying Group with 2 or 3 games left :D

Scotland qualified for the World Cup in first place, beating Spain 3-0 away in the last game, in front of 944 fans :huh:

I played my Uefa Cup first round games, and "Kutaisi" registered 1 shot over 2 legs, but it was off target. I won 6-0 on aggregate, but it wasn't my strongest team, i'm pretty sure I could've done better.

I'm currently in January 2011 in my Scotland game, although I got offered, and accepted the St Mirren job a year ago. With Scotland, I've yet to even make the play-offs in a qualifying campaign, but have started the Euro 2012 campaign well with a victory over the Republic of Ireland in Dublin, and a home win against Latvia. England and Moldova are the other teams in my group. My current starting eleven is...

Gk - Craig Gordon

DR - Gary Caldwell

DL - Sean Dillon

DC - Russell Anderson

DC - Andy Webster

DMC - Steven Whittaker

MC - Barry Ferguson

MC - Darren Fletcher (worth £18 million BTW)

AMR - Derek Riordan

AML - James McFadden

FC - Kris Boyd

With Saints, I finished 3rd in my first half-season in charge, after taking charge in 6th place. This season, I'm sitting 2nd after 20 games, only 5 points behind Hibs. I've also just beaten SPL side Morton 4-0 at New St Mirren Park in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup :D My team just now is...

Gk - Andy Calder

DR - Matthew Doherty

DL - Clark Kay

DC - Neil McGregor

DC - Brian McLean

DMC - Zlatan Ljubijankic

MC - Supat Rungratsamee

MC - Mark Gilhaney

AMR - Stephen O'Donnell

AML - Ryan Russell

FC - Colin McMenamin

Now to continue my 8 game winning run...... :P

Guest FCUK the ton

Its funny how when you go Gretna nobody wants to go to u even though you still get money, never mind l still took them to the uefa cup and into the spl within four seasons and am currently pushing for a champions league spot :)

Very brief update on my progress with Scotland - I've just comfortably beaten Iceland at Hampden. Now, in international football, as Scotland, against a side with similar ability, you'd expect 'comfortable' to mean something like a 3 or 4 goal margin, at most, especially when the opposition finished the match with all 11 players still on the field. Not this time, as my side ran out 9-1 winners! :o

I was quite disappointed actually - it was 3-1 after 10 minutes, and 6-1 after 45, so I should have been hitting double figures :lol:

Guest FCUK the ton

In my Gretna game l have just clinched the spl on goal difference from rangers by one goal but l beat celtic 4-0 on the final game of the season

With Saints, I finished 3rd in my first half-season in charge, after taking charge in 6th place. This season, I'm sitting 2nd after 20 games, only 5 points behind Hibs. I've also just beaten SPL side Morton 4-0 at New St Mirren Park in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup :D My team just now is...

Gk - Andy Calder

DR - Matthew Doherty

DL - Clark Kay

DC - Neil McGregor

DC - Brian McLean

DMC - Zlatan Ljubijankic

MC - Supat Rungratsamee

MC - Mark Gilhaney

AMR - Stephen O'Donnell

AML - Ryan Russell

FC - Colin McMenamin

Now to continue my 8 game winning run...... :P

689058[/snapback]

Lots of Clyde/ex-Clyde players in there. Good work Coddy :P

Lots of Clyde/ex-Clyde players in there. Good work Coddy :P

691379[/snapback]

:lol:

They're all doing well for me. O'Donnell is in and out of the team, as that's possibly my strongest position, but Gilhaney is scoring for fun from midfield, or even on the left wing, and McGregor is club captain. :)

Guest Marc_Corcoran1

I am going to get footie manager 2006 but I have not had one before . Can someone tell me , do you need a floppy disk to save your game and is footie manger better than champ manager .

I am going to get footie manager 2006 but I have not had one before . Can someone tell me , do you need a floppy disk to save your game and is footie manger better than champ manager .

692063[/snapback]

Football Manager is much better than Championship Manager as CM isn't made by the same people anymore (those folk now make FM). And your saved games are saved onto the Hard Drive, not a disk.

I've just played a First Division championship decider against Hibs (it was the last game, and I had to win by at least 2 goals to win the league) and only managed to win 1-0 :(

Gutted :(

692063[/snapback]

When was the last time you played a computer game, on the amiga? :) Floppy disks are consiged to museums (and Skyline Drifters pc) :lol:

Archived