West of Scotland Cup Round One

glensmad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good game at Petershill this afternoon. Auchinleck went ahead through David Gillies squeezing an effort under stand-in 'keeper Bruno Maltoni but the stopper recovered to make two or three top saves to keep the home side in the match. Peasy hit the post through Chris Craig in what was probably their only effort in the first half. Second half came and Peasy had much of the ball without really threatening, except a long effort from Tony Stevenson which Leishman held comfortably.

Man of the match was probably Gordon Pope. His positioning was spot on and timing in the tackle was great.

Peasy lost Fraser Chisholm with minutes to go for a second book able offence.

Special mention to the ref who had a very good game.

Watching Airdrie must have rotted your brain. An abomination of a game on a very poor surface. I thought the Peasy No3 was the top bloke.

Peter was, indeed, a great guy. All over the park too.

Dalry 1 LANARK 1 - Lanark win on sudden death penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game started late due to home team having to change their strips due to an obvious colour clash.

Lanark without McCrum, 'Wee Speedy' and Big Sean due to work commitments and our most consistent player of the season John Renwick due to suspension. Squad rotation also deployed, quite rightly.

Lanark the better team for most of the game but Lanark keeper had the notable save of the first half. Dalry lost a player to a very bad head cut which required a trip to A&E. Any news on how he is?

Half time substitutions beefed Lanark up but went 1 down. Dalry keeper played a blinder in 2nd half. 3 wonderful saves. Lanark should have had 2 penalties but it was Dalry who were awarded a soft penalty to kill the game but, fortunately for us was put past the post. We rattled the woodwork before equalising. Played last 15 with 10 men when our most experienced player, rattled by a couple of harmless Jakies, lifted his hands and got himself a soft, but warranted red card. I thought we escaped a red in the first half for needless retaliation.

We had a goal chalked off, which I am told the Dalry keeper conceded was a fortunate decision.

And so to penalties, the Lanark achilles heel. We took the first kick, which was truly woeful and put well past the post. Credit to the lad who missed the Dalry kick in normal time who scored the Dalry first. Lanark keeper saved 3. Dalry keeper saved one and Lanark stumbled remarkably through to the next round on penalties. I can report no pigs flying and have seen no blue moons!

Great display by Dalry keeper. Enjoyed my pie and the two Jakey's are as bad as I have seen for some time. Harmless, legless and sometimes speechless but they managed to get to help their team on the day!

Who says your a big club certainly not on ayrshire there at least 10 clubs in ayrshire who are bigger clubs than whitletts don't know why you think your a big club

We're the biggest Junior club in Ayr naebother!!!

How come you never get someone asking when the draw for the next round of the west is, whereas there are always at least three desperate to know the Scottish draw about 2 minutes after the final whistle!

me personally just c the west as another trophy same as sectional and league cup. Maybe it's cos we've never done well in it I don't know but for me the league and the Scottish is what I look forward 2 every season

Mon the papers

Nah ruggy aren't pish but think they may struggle this season. We went with a changed line up with a few players who aren't regular starters for us and should of been 3 up inside 10 minutes. Couple of bad challenges in the first half that could perhaps of seen a couple Rutherglen players off.

Got a couple of goals in the second half to kill the game off at 4-1 even though ruggy scored a second we looked pretty comfortable and always threatened to score again.

The clash of heads and the boy who got tackled for the penalty I hope are alright. All 3 looked like bad ones.

I also won the first goalscorer comp so won 15 quid and that paid for a few more beers and the guys were brand new. Was between me and a Rutherglen supporter and we had a good laugh about it. Nice wee stadium too.

P.S that referee absolutely fucking hates clydebank

Nah ruggy aren't pish but think they may struggle this season. We went with a changed line up with a few players who aren't regular starters for us and should of been 3 up inside 10 minutes. Couple of bad challenges in the first half that could perhaps of seen a couple Rutherglen players off.

Got a couple of goals in the second half to kill the game off at 4-1 even though ruggy scored a second we looked pretty comfortable and always threatened to score again.

The clash of heads and the boy who got tackled for the penalty I hope are alright. All 3 looked like bad ones.

I also won the first goalscorer comp so won 15 quid and that paid for a few more beers and the guys were brand new. Was between me and a Rutherglen supporter and we had a good laugh about it. Nice wee stadium too.

P.S that referee absolutely fucking hates clydebank

Both teams didn't put out their strongest sides yesterday. We had Andy Neil and Tony Fraser missing through illness and injury respectively, and we also left Sean McGuire, Mark Batchelor and Graeme Brown on the bench. All five of those would normally be starters, so I think both managers were looking ahead to the big league and Scottish Junior Cup ties in the next couple of weeks.

Both teams didn't put out their strongest sides yesterday. We had Andy Neil and Tony Fraser missing through illness and injury respectively, and we also left Sean McGuire, Mark Batchelor and Graeme Brown on the bench. All five of those would normally be starters, so I think both managers were looking ahead to the big league and Scottish Junior Cup ties in the next couple of weeks.

think ur right there cos we've a massive game next week away 2 Largs.

Mon the papers

What a load of shite , the bankies can afford to leave players out there winning most weeks , but for you to suggest that you left players out that would normally start is laughable , don't no if you've noticed but your bottom of the league and need to get a win in any game to at least get some confidence and momentum going , but maybe that's just common sence

What a load of shite , the bankies can afford to leave players out there winning most weeks , but for you to suggest that you left players out that would normally start is laughable , don't no if you've noticed but your bottom of the league and need to get a win in any game to at least get some confidence and momentum going , but maybe that's just common sence

Perhaps you'd like to talk about your own team just once ?

Really good game at Petershill this afternoon. Auchinleck went ahead through David Gillies squeezing an effort under stand-in 'keeper Bruno Maltoni but the stopper recovered to make two or three top saves to keep the home side in the match. Peasy hit the post through Chris Craig in what was probably their only effort in the first half. Second half came and Peasy had much of the ball without really threatening, except a long effort from Tony Stevenson which Leishman held comfortably.

Man of the match was probably Gordon Pope. His positioning was spot on and timing in the tackle was great.

Peasy lost Fraser Chisholm with minutes to go for a second book able offence.

Special mention to the ref who had a very good game.[/quote

I've got to agree that it was a very good and entertaining game at Peasy! Poor goal that Petershill lost.

I've got disagree however about the refs performance, I thought he had a poor game, I thought he was poor for

both teams. Booked a lot of players, it was a competitive game however wasn't any nasty challenges in the game! He booked Chris Craig for taking a free kick early

Archived