West of Scotland Cup Round One

glensmad

How come you never get someone asking when the draw for the next round of the west is, whereas there are always at least three desperate to know the Scottish draw about 2 minutes after the final whistle!

When is the draw for the next round ( as requested) ?????

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and who might that be again

You tell us, because you only seem to appear when my team is going through a difficult spell and make some clearly uninformed and bitter comments. You never tell us about the team you actually do go to watch.

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you attend very few matches then your opinion is very loosely formed. I appreciate that you like to wind me up and I take the bait quite often, but it would be nice to hear some positivity or encouragement now and again instead of just commenting negatively when we go through a sticky spell and saying nothing when we win.

Great Result for Cambuslang yesterday , every player gave 100 % and even the subs came on and made a difference , a clean sheet and win against a team two divisions above , great day all round. Now let's hope we can take this attitude into next weeks game v Gartcairn !

Really good game at Petershill this afternoon. Auchinleck went ahead through David Gillies squeezing an effort under stand-in 'keeper Bruno Maltoni but the stopper recovered to make two or three top saves to keep the home side in the match. Peasy hit the post through Chris Craig in what was probably their only effort in the first half. Second half came and Peasy had much of the ball without really threatening, except a long effort from Tony Stevenson which Leishman held comfortably.

Man of the match was probably Gordon Pope. His positioning was spot on and timing in the tackle was great.

Peasy lost Fraser Chisholm with minutes to go for a second book able offence.

Special mention to the ref who had a very good game.

Were you there, so was I. You could've bought me a drink.

How come you never get someone asking when the draw for the next round of the west is, whereas there are always at least three desperate to know the Scottish draw about 2 minutes after the final whistle!

For me it's the amalgamation of the Ayrshire and central leagues that's crippled the novelty factor of drawing a team outwith your immediate region as we play one another all the time now.

For example back in the 90s and Beith were drawn against pollok in the west of Scotland it was a draw that captured everyone's imagination.

Now with the combined leagues these games are the normal and the west of Scotland cup has suffered through it.

For me it's the amalgamation of the Ayrshire and central leagues that's crippled the novelty factor of drawing a team outwith your immediate region as we play one another all the time now.

For example back in the 90s and Beith were drawn against pollok in the west of Scotland it was a draw that captured everyone's imagination.

Now with the combined leagues these games are the normal and the west of Scotland cup has suffered through it.

Also because there are set dates for the Scottish so the next round will only be a few weeks away. You could also get a fairly long away trip and may have to plan accordingly.

Who knows when the next round of the West will be played. It will also be a fairly local game against a team you have played reasonably recently

Also because there are set dates for the Scottish so the next round will only be a few weeks away. You could also get a fairly long away trip and may have to plan accordingly.

Who knows when the next round of the West will be played. It will also be a fairly local game against a team you have played reasonably recently

Agreed 100% and despite what we've cited I still think that it's a disgrace the way the people in charge have also demoted the west of Scotland cup through putting it on the backburner, delaying draws & basically delaying ties in the competition via at times three month long periods from round to round.

We have no sponsor for the scottish cup which is a shambles and if it weren't for an insider at pollok sponsoring the west of Scotland cup then it could be sponsor free too.

Gone are the days of the OVD junior cup and Whyte and Mackay west of Scotland cup , two big name sponsors for two big tournaments. :)

I find it strange that Junior Cup seems to have got sponsors from Semis onwards last two season. Why not approach these same business - Barr Construction to sponsor from the start or call to Mcbookie / Stagecoach who have done a lot of good for East and West being consistent sponsors. Even at a reduced fee as surely better than nothing?!

Archived