World cup 2018 campaign

I was initially alright with Strachan staying. People go on about us not improving under him, but I think we have - or had till a certain point.

But his recent shift in attitude to "Oh, we don't have enough players playing at the top level" or "We don't have a Bale or Ibra" - what the f**k is that all about? Making excuses before a campaign, this early? Not saying that it's bullshit, because it's true, but how is that going to inspire any confidence in the players? 

It just seems he's totally shifted his positive attitude to a Levein-esque gloom and doom approach. Baffling.

It's the go-to excuse of someone who doesn't know how to coach a formation and game plan to suit the players at his disposal.  Something his colleagues managing both Irish teams seem to manage with zero hassle or need to bemoan who their players play for.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After having a watched a lot of poor quality sides on the Euros they all have high energy players in midfield who close down like mad the whole game. Can we please bin Brown, Fletcher and co. Their time has gone. We know we don't have the skill to play through teams so we need to make up for that in work ethic.

After having a watched a lot of poor quality sides on the Euros they all have high energy players in midfield who close down like mad the whole game. Can we please bin Brown, Fletcher and co. Their time has gone. We know we don't have the skill to play through teams so we need to make up for that in work ethic.

Bring back Charlie Adam.

I don't think Strachan has ever forgiven him for not tracking Bale properly, allowing him to hit that wonder strike that stuffed us against Wales at Hampden

That was the one down in Wales, and under Levein. It does sum up why Strachan doesn't pick him though, he doesn't trust him to do the required tracking.

Archived