World cup 2018 campaign

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

There certainly was. Now playing for Oxford City

I'm pretty sure he played in that Roy Essandoh game at Filbert Street against Leicester.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He's about twice the size of Andy Robertson and only 19 year old. Been consistently very good for Celtic. Poor tonight but so was everybody. It's ashame he's not right footed instead.

Twice the size of robertson  you been on the peace pipe.  He looks scrawny compared to robbo.

20 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Twice the size of robertson  you been on the peace pipe.  He looks scrawny compared to robbo.

Robertson at same age and now in comparison. Tierneys clearly got more of a build than Robertson. Not sure why someone thinks Tierney needs to bulk up 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Robertson at same age and now in comparison. Tierneys clearly got more of a build than Robertson. Not sure why someone thinks Tierney needs to bulk up 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice close ups however let's pull the camera back a little.

ages-479638510.jpg

Possibly the worst argument I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. There is clearly very little between them, why are people looking for the finest of details to have a moan here? The squad is nowhere near as bad as folk have made out and is more than good enough to deal with fucking Malta.

Chill the f**k out.

tierney deserves his place due to his consistent performances in an absolutely brutal celtic team last year, he may or may not continue that form now that celtic will face tougher competition and the pressure will be on him, but at least he is there on merit, not because 6 years ago he did something good for scotland and we keep on praying that it will come good (could be linked to numerous players tbh)

Sunday papers linking Man United and Bayern Munich with Burke...... Can't see either of them panning out and tbh I'm not sure I'd want him to move to a club like that. Certainly not yet abyway

Kingsley Comen went to Bayern at about same age & he has played for them a lot & done well, so if Burke can handle being away from his home area then may his big opportunity to hit the heights...

Sunday papers linking Man United and Bayern Munich with Burke...... Can't see either of them panning out and tbh I'm not sure I'd want him to move to a club like that. Certainly not yet abyway

Apparently he has signed for Leipzig for near 15 million

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

It's refreshing to see him follow in Gauld's footsteps and actually move to the continent instead of staying in Scotland or England. Must be a long time since a young / mid-career Scot did.

Barry Douglas?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Barry Douglas?

Well aye, I suppose I'm meaning someone in the U21 or full squads now or a hope for the future, though I appreciate Douglas is still in his mid-20s.

You may have to go back to Garry O'Connor.

I recall mild comment at the time about Jamie Smith joining Den Haag but that was some time after his last Scotland appearance and he came back after a year. Obviously a few older players briefly visited Turkey for the cash e.g. Miller, McGregor.

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Well aye, I suppose I'm meaning someone in the U21 or full squads now or a hope for the future, though I appreciate Douglas is still in his mid-20s.

You may have to go back to Garry O'Connor.

What about Tony Watt?

Funnily theres a surprising amount of Scots playing abroad though. Ones like Joshua Laws seem to be utterly forgotten about despite being signed to a German second tier side, to the point where it looks like Australia have captured him despite him being born in Glasgow and having the odd appearance with our youths.

Archived