Rangers v Queens

Delighted with a hard fought win for Rangers today, tough game but that's going to happen throughout the season. The important factor is we showed character and kept going until the final whistle.

Kudos to QOS also - They had a game plan, stuck to it and it nearly worked. It might not be the easiest on the eye but when you're playing against the best team in your league away from home needs must. Unlucky not to leave with a point however overall I think we deserved all three on effort, chances created & possession.

Thankfully we're not on here talking about refereeing decisions, I sit at the opposite end of the stadium so can't comment on the penalty but it was missed so to me it's a non issue.

Two hard away games coming up, we seem to play better on the road for some reason so six points from these two fixtures and I'll be confident of going on to coast the league.

You are clearly going to coast the league. Manager who knows what he`s doing and a very decent pool of players so can`t see it going wrong in all honesty.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The important factor is we showed character and kept going until the final whistle.

Agreed - some of the football has been superb to watch this year, but I've been looking forward to seeing how we deal with handling the pressure to get a result when not at our best and playing a bit ugly to get there. Time will tell if we can take that up to the top league but some promising signs so far at least.

Anyone notice the big Queens fan with long hair, red and white checked bottoms and bright blue top? Got very animated towards the end of the game much to the entertainment of the home fans

Aye, Monkey did say he had a ticket for today.

I travelled to the game expecting to lose. When I saw the team I knew we would lose. After the game I was gutted we lost!

It would have been a smash and grab of fairly epic proportions had we won the game and even holding out for a draw would have been pretty undeserved but to loose it like that was a real kick in the Flander doodles ... even more so after the penalty save.

Hopefully, some of the injured players will be back for the next few games which are going to be vital in making sure we are comfortable in mid-table. After today, Hooper deserves a run in the side as I thought he was fantastic.

Well deserved victory for Rangers. Thought we'd ruined the opportunity to keep our 100% league record intact after the (stonewall) penalty but fair play to the team and Waghorn in particular for believing they could still get a winner.

Jason Holt the star man for Rangers today and Ball filling in for Wilson as a late replacement impressed also.

Not a great performance, but still a deserved the 3 points, said 2-1 on here last night, knew it wasn't going to be a walkover, but we know how to dig deep these days, we would have walked away with a frustrating point, this stage last term, Mon the Gers.

Sore one but a battling performance from a young inexperienced team. Positives, Hutton did well and Hooper was excellent and I feel sorry for Thomson who must have thought he'd got us a point with a brilliant save from the penalty.

Given our team, to have come so close to ending Rangers winning run, was a bit of a feat.

I thought we did well, despite doing lots wrong at times.

In the early stages we really struggled to put any passes together at all. We'd started playing better by the time we scored, but it was still probably against the run of play.

After that, we did loads of brave, last ditch stuff really well, but also lots of careless stuff that kept putting us under pressure that was bound to tell ultimately.

Too often, Rangers players were able to wriggle clear with the ball when not favourite and if the art of the cutback had been mastered, we'd have been in trouble.

What strikes me about this Rangers team as opposed to McCoist's is its physical strength. They have some tidy players but more than that, they have good athletes who were sharper quicker and stronger than our boys, who competed well.

The ending reminded me of the end of the Partick Ramsden's final. We survived a last minute penalty, but still managed to lose a goal.

It would have been nice to have taken something as a reward for some great battling displays, but I can't really say that Rangers didn't deserve to win either.

Our reserve team did well to run Rangers so close today.

Even by our injury standards that was some casualty list and the young players did extremely well to dig in and make Rangers work ever so hard for their victory.

Only Scotland seem to be able to surpass our ability to snatch defeat in the last few minutes - save the penalty and it looks heavy odds on a draw and we then contrive to lose it in last minute.

We can hardly complain given the match stats but we had a couple of decent chances but we needed to keep the ball better and getsome bodies forward to take the heat off.

Some great displays - Hooper and Higgy, Thomson in goal but Hutton MOM by a distance.

A really gritty display though given the inexperience .

Watched through dubious means, looked a penalty to me although my picture quality wasny great. Cracking save from Thomson though.

Gutting to lose so late on, seems inevitable though when you're sitting that deep.

Met a mate of mine in the indian tonight and he tells me that Sevco had won late on. I says, jokingly?, what time did they get their penalty?

2 minutes left, possibility that the 100% record will go...

That might prove to be an important three points, we just don't give up, last season we'd have lost this game and our discipline.

Also I'm guessing when Waggy missed the penalty, the hibs fans were thinking that we'd drop points.

Archived