What have wales done to you ffs

the_team_for_me

Debatable.

Why do the Irish and Welsh always say this? Is it to give themselves a big pat on the back or something? How do you even measure how popular a sport is? Do Welsh 6 nations games get more viewers in Wales than the Champions League final? Doubt it.

In Ireland the Gaelic Games certainly trump football in terms of attendance and participation, and the All Ireland Finals are bigger TV events than any football match (I think they get something like 75% of the TV audience).

On Wales I don't know what the split is, but rugby is part of the national identity of the country. Scotland has nothing that comes anywhere near competing with football. That certainly isn't the case with the other celtic nations.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a handy unit of measurement for newscasters - "An area the size of Wales was destroyed by fire/flood/Tory cuts".

Units of area are:

Olympic size swimming pools (which most people have never actually seen first hand)

Football pitches

Wales

Height may be measured in double decker buses or Big Ben.

Everytime I try and do a Welsh accent I end up sounding like a Pakistani, which makes me feel very un-pc..... :(

My wife's cousin is married to a Welshman. He's lived here longer than I have and he still has his Welsh accent.

My wife's cousin is married to a Welshman. He's lived here longer than I have and he still has his Welsh accent.

I quite like the Welsh accent, it sounds like they're singing when they speak. :)

Talking of accents everone here thinks i still have a Scottish accent, when I speak to Scottish people they think I have an Ulster one ,do you get that?

Take a look at yourself.

Tbh Mozza mate, I don't understand the hatred towards Wales. I understand there is a lot of bitter people who hate Bale because of a dive. These people seem to forget that Wales also beat us at Hampden that campaign.

All that said, it doesn't bother me. And it certainly wouldn't ever bother me to the extent that I'd make a tear stained topic about it.

I quite like the Welsh accent, it sounds like they're singing when they speak. :)

Talking of accents everone here thinks i still have a Scottish accent, when I speak to Scottish people they think I have an Ulster one ,do you get that?

Aye.

My dislike of Wales is based entirely upon the English media's wankfest of Bale, who is the only reason they've managed the success they have recently. In saying that, I can largely separate the two, mainly because the amount of unglamorous teams who've made it to this tournament means I have plenty to enjoy when the time comes. I'd love to see a diddy team win the thing and wouldn't begrudge Wales.

That said, the OP is a complete walloper.

I dont mind the Welsh

One of my favourite bands (Manic Street Preachers) are Welsh

My wee cousin is married to a Welsh guy and he's a decent wee c**t apart from saying Is it? At the end of each sentence

Celtic have had a few Welsh players who have done well for us... Hartson..Bellamy...Ledley

However I think Chris Coleman is a fucking fanny

.....as is the undoubtedly talented Gareth Bale

The latter getting a serious injury just before the Euros would really expose them as a one man wonder

f**k them

Tbh Mozza mate, I don't understand the hatred towards Wales. I understand there is a lot of bitter people who hate Bale because of a dive. These people seem to forget that Wales also beat us at Hampden that campaign.

The same folk also seem to forget that there are still Welsh people bitching about Joe Jordan, and that was a decision with much higher stakes than some tuppenny-ha'penny game between also-rans.

It's like the England fans who wail about a disallowed goal in a World Cup game they were being absolutely battered in, but are still happy to revel in the '66 win. We've all benefited and suffered at the hands of bad decisions; people sometimes get things wrong. No sense being bitter about it, or trying to reinvent history.

Everytime I try and do a Welsh accent I end up sounding like a Pakistani, which makes me feel very un-pc..... :(

I was in a petrol station in N Wales. Before paying I was browsing the newspapers without looking up. A load of guys came in jabbering away, I was sure I was surrounded by our Asian cousins.

When I did look up it Welsh speaking white natives!

I was in a petrol station in N Wales. Before paying I was browsing the newspapers without looking up. A load of guys came in jabbering away, I was sure I was surrounded by our Asian cousins.

When I did look up it Welsh speaking white natives!

:-o :-o

Archived