Who do you believe is the best actor of your generation!

MikeyVanBasten3

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BaSeDG0DSA1NT, on 18 Oct 2015 - 12:21, said:

Adam Sandler plays Adam Sandler in every film. I can't think of any serious roles.

While not too far removed from his own style, he contains it to brilliant effect in Reign Over Me, and it works in what's a fairly serious movie.

In the English speaking world, Blanchett, Oldman out ahead of the rest, then McConnaughy and a personal favorite in Portman. Day-Lewis mentioned earlier is another great shout.

Leo is an absolute impostor, wouldn't get in my top 100.

Matt Damon for me. First film I remember really seeing him in was Oceans 11 which is one of my favourite films of all time. Since then he's starred some other superb films - The Departed, Bourne films, Martian and thats ignoring Good Will Hunting before Oceans.

Di Caprio a close second.

Aye, Christophe Waltz is a great shout. On that note, an underappreciated movie of his is Carnage. Get it watched folks.

Didn't particularly love Carnage. Don't get me wrong it isn't a bad film, just felt very much like I was watching a stage show and was a showcase vehicle for the actors themselves more than anything.

Didn't particularly love Carnage. Don't get me wrong it isn't a bad film, just felt very much like I was watching a stage show and was a showcase vehicle for the actors themselves more than anything.

I suppose it helps that's exactly the kind of thing I like. :P

Archived