Queens v Livingston

It is fair comment, but the goals we've lost from set pieces have been more lack of concentration when marking rather than being beaten for height.

Think I'd rather see Jacobs at right back and jake keeping his place than kidd at right back. Millar may be back but he's hardly been brilliant this yeae

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the podcasts Brownlie is going to be out for a few weeks, Kidd's injury seems less serious. This probably leaves us with a back 4 of -

Kidd Hooper Higgins Marshall.

Unless Pickard's performance was such a standout that he retains his place and Jacob's continues filling in at right-back? It's a fair comment about our lack of height and Pickard would add a bit.

As well as Pickard played, I would still leave him out on Saturday. We, should, have a lot more of the ball and need players with a bit more quality in the midfield. It wouldnt surprise me to see Conroy move inside, particularly Russell is fit.

It is fair comment, but the goals we've lost from set pieces have been more lack of concentration when marking rather than being beaten for height.

Think I'd rather see Jacobs at right back and jake keeping his place than kidd at right back. Millar may be back but he's hardly been brilliant this yeae

Jacobs filled in at rb a few times and did a great job for us a last season. In fact, to avoid having to play Rutherford I'm sure he played left back when Talbot hit his usual suspension.

He did alright Saturday up against McKay and Wallace. Think he gets caught out in midfield as his passing is a bit shite at times.

I've heard good reports on Rutherford recently, saying he's doing very well unlucky that Marshall is doing so well at left back.

Russell as we all know is a constant threat and I hope he doesn't make it. Outside of him I'd be delighted if that was queens team - a real lack of height and strength in that line up which if hope we could exploit at set pieces.

We tend to just float the ball in towards the keeper at set pieces, have done that in our last two games and it's getting on my tits. Maybe if big Shagz gets a start we'll have more luck, he usually gets up beside the keeper and forces him into dropping the ball.

Didn't think Kyle was too hot at RB in the Championship, he did well playing there in the 2nd div but when we came back up to the 1st div he was a bit dodgy. That's why Dycey got put there but he wasn't really much better, problem area for us for years and now we're playing Neill there, another CB.

Quite liked the; Millen.............Gordon - Gallagher - Neill.............Longridge set up we had last night, looked pretty solid, and allows Millen & Longridge to get up the wings without us being vulnerable at the back.

Would like to see White & Sheerin start up front and try Buchanan playing in the hole behind them. Wont hold my breath waiting on us trying it though.

Yeah and that's without Talbot playing anymore. Only really bad tackle was Gibbons on Oduwa right at the start of the game but fuckem, he wouldn't have been playing had they played it when it was meant to be played.

Btw I take it you weren't at the game where Kidd went into Hippo when he was on the ground?

Kidd is more a clumsy tackler than a dirty player, but we seem to have a fair number of those this season.

I'd hazard a guess that the number of bookings collected by us so far this season is higher than our average.

Don't think Gibbons is a dirty player either, he's just like the Jacobs bros in that he likes to get stuck in with tackles. Kyle is a stick on for a yellow card most games, that's just the way he plays.

Yeah and that's without Talbot playing anymore. Only really bad tackle was Gibbons on Oduwa right at the start of the game but fuckem, he wouldn't have been playing had they played it when it was meant to be played.

Btw I take it you weren't at the game where Kidd went into Hippo when he was on the ground?

No and neither were you, as it didnt happen

Don't think Gibbons is a dirty player either, he's just like the Jacobs bros in that he likes to get stuck in with tackles. Kyle is a stick on for a yellow card most games, that's just the way he plays.

He quite clearly is

With Dunfermline and Ayr replacing Alloa and Dumbarton next season, there will be an all full-time Championship to look forward to.

What's not to look forward to about playing Dumbarton? We're a friendly bunch and we usually send you guys home with full points.

Do queens have any non Scottish players?

Perhaps best to not play them against burchills xenophobic charges if they want to avoid serious injury IMO

:ph34r:

Jordan Marshall is a Geordie as is Jake Pickard and some of the other promoted u20's are from the north of England. Kyle Jacobs is South African.

Archived