Aberdeen v Motherwell, 24/10/15

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last one in particular to prevent the OG is an absolute cracking save, from where we were sitting I thought it was in.

I had a great view of it and it was a wonderous save. I did think we could've gone up are scored in that frantic last few minutes too though.

Both teams went hammer and tongs for the win. Draw was fair result.

Skippy's goal was very similar to his goal vs Partick in terms that he gave his marker a wee push to create the space. Aberdeen's goal looks offside on the highlights not sure about their disallowed one it's hard to tell.

Very encouraging stuff from us it's been a while since we've created that many chances in a game and a very unexpected point we'll happily take.

2.18 on those highlights...I honestly don't think I've ever seen a stand of supporters look less enthused to see their team score.

Staun up ffs :lol:

You never seen the Main Stand at Fir Park when we score? Or sections of the Cooper aswell for that matter? There's a fair few Motherwell fans who have their arses glued to their seats and their mouths glued shut from the moment they enter Fir Park until the moment they leave, unless to shout or argue with a fellow supporter for daring to criticise the team. I've said it since I start d going to the games as a wee boy, our support is one of the worst for celebrating goals in run of the mill games.

Very good point for us yesterday and one that I did not see coming. Much improved performance too and that is very encouraging after the dross served up so far this season and by all accounts we were unlucky not to snatch it at the end thanks to some good saves from their keeper.

Hopefully Ainsworth and McDonald have earned themselves starting places for next week as they are our main goal threats.

Fair does, it was a frantic last 20 mins that raged from one end to the other but my point was in reference to the last 5 mins or so where I thought they was only going to be one winner. Ward pulled off 4 great saves in the last 5 mins to prevent us from leaving with all 3 points.

The last one in particular to prevent the OG is an absolute cracking save, from where we were sitting I thought it was in.

Ward pulled off 3 amazing saves in 90 seconds at the 92 minute. Agree with most you say but I don't agree that in the last 5 minutes there was only 1 winner as Aberdeen was attacking as well

Watched red tv and Aberdeen offside goal looks onside to me and the amount of chances we had in the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half we should have scored more than 1 goal but overall with Motherwell first half performance and then last 18 minutes then the deserved a draw.

Bit worried how we lacked so much confidence in the first half and defended really badly with a midfield that was non-existent although If we play like we did for that 25 minutes spell in the 2nd half then we will get back to the previous results.

You never seen the Main Stand at Fir Park when we score? Or sections of the Cooper aswell for that matter? There's a fair few Motherwell fans who have their arses glued to their seats and their mouths glued shut from the moment they enter Fir Park until the moment they leave, unless to shout or argue with a fellow supporter for daring to criticise the team. I've said it since I start d going to the games as a wee boy, our support is one of the worst for celebrating goals in run of the mill games.

Pie and Bovrils loss is Steelmen onlines gain since you moved over.

Pie and Bovrils loss is Steelmen onlines gain since you moved over.

Glad I can make some folk happy. :)

But seriously, the next time we score at Fir Park, in a match not involving Celtic or Rangers, look at the Main Stand, or watch any highlights of goals into the Cooper stand end and tell me what I said above is wrong.

Not much to add about the game other than to say that although far a perfect performance I noticed one thing. Under Barraclough, for all his good intentions, we had become fucking meek - we had come to have a total inferiority complex regardless of the opposition and had lost the idea that we could actually *compete* and let teams walk all over us. False dawn it may well turn out to be - but yesterday we got back in the game and then instead of going into our shell and desperately clinging on, we actually went for the 3 points and looked like we believed we could get them. I'd 100% rather lose a game when trying to get the 3 points than after 20 mins of sitting deeper and deeper to cling on to a point and conceding at the death.

Pittodrie has been an incredibly happy hunting ground for us over the past 10-15 years and we tend perform well there - so it will be interesting to see how we approach the Killie game which is far more run-of-the-mill...

That was, overall, a bit shite yesterday, bar 20 minutes from when we scored until Pawlett blew his second chance. A point was fair to both teams, albeit Motherwell will feel agrieved after Danny Ward had his own save of the season contest at the end. Thank god for the big lad!

The midfield was terrible in the middle. Jack is Jack, he gives you what he gives you. He needs a partner there more capable of supporting him in his defensive duties than Kenny McLean is. McLean isn't the man to sit beside Jack. Pawlett is too one dimensional, has one move which is to knock the ball miles in front of him and hope to beat the defender to it. When he doesn't, he's pretty easy to defend against. It isn't working in the centre of the park, but Del won't drop McLean, who isn't at his best just now. At 1-0 up yesterday, after Pawlett spurned two chances, one taking it away from a Rooney header, I would have been pleased to see Robson for the last half hour. His guidance could have helped to close it out.

Defensively, we looked a lot better than recently, until Taylor went off injured. After that, it all went Pete Tong. Quinn was awful when he came on: positionally hopeless, continually lost his man and made the players round him very, very jittery. Another goal lost from a set piece - pretty unacceptable stuff in recent weeks in that area of the game. After the equaliser, we really did not look like getting control of the game again in the middle of the park.

Our best period of the game coincided with the wingers playing on their favoured sides, and brought relatively good success. It baffled me later in the game to see them switch back onto their "wrong sides". We are at our best when we have width and attack as such. Why this isn't adhered to when we are struggling, I fail to understand, as we're far more likely to get goals from Hayes down the left and McGinn wide right. McLaughlin on at left wing also baffled me, I must admit. When trying to win a game, we take off our most likely creative source in McGinn to put on a right back at left wing? Strange substitution.

All in all, a bit poor. The players are a bit short on confidence, Del doesn't appear to be having his finest spell tactically. Still, there has been a lot worse than this over the years. But next week could be very ugly!

The Cooper Stand is for wee kids and No voters though, of course it's hardly going to be full of ultras.

Another shambles apart from the 20min period where we got back to our pacy attacking style and should have killed the game off but didn't (which is not a new story at all). We've been lucky to get a point in the end thanks to Ward's superb stops.

Lack of organisation, needle and leadership is still affecting us badly, so much so that we are not closing games out. Fair play to Motherwell who came in up for it and, though greatly helped by us, did enough to earn at least a point if not all 3.

Shocking to see the amount of time some Well players had on the ball, particularly their wide men from throw-ins where we fail to pick up the thrower. On the other side, Well were in our faces and putting us under pressure when we had the ball exactly like Saints did at the last home game. All of Saints' attempts went in that day, Ward stopped that from happening on Sat.

McLean is being hung out to dry alongside Jack. He needs to be further up the park. You play McLean or Pawlett behind the forward (i'd take Mclean). We've been down this route of players being played out of position before, Scott Vernon being the one that sticks out when Broon played him in CM. It did nothing for the team or Vernon's confidence.

We're slack at marking and tracking opposition players. 3 times in the 2nd half McGinn was chasing the ball and leaving his man free. It's obvious to us, it's surely obvious to the players, but nothing is said on the pitch.

Some very poor decision making with pass selection in our half and to an extent the middle of the park. I felt some players were hiding today, we should have guys demanding the ball and making themselves available for it at all times. Everyone is waiting for someone else to take charge it seems.

Very negative feeling leaving Pittodrie after the game. And it seems, largely, to be down to relatively simple things like attitude and effort compared to years of it being due to lack of ability. The similarity is the use of players out of position.

I cannot be arsed making a long post about the game, such is my apathy towards the team at the moment.

What pissed me off was at 1-1 when our players should be bending over backwards to try and win, and Hayes was just sauntering back down the pitch as Motherwell broke. I was properly seething, worth being dropped for that alone. If he was tired, he should've asked to have come off, but he didn't, so he hasn't an excuse. Farcical. I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

Pittodrie has been an incredibly happy hunting ground for us over the past 10-15 years and we tend perform well there - so it will be interesting to see how we approach the Killie game which is far more run-of-the-mill...

Our record at Pittodrie in recent times is quite incredible, only two defeats there in the last six years with both coming last season - our worst since Malpas was here. For whatever reason, we tend to perform better away against Aberdeen than we do at home.

Our record at Pittodrie in recent times is quite incredible, only two defeats there in the last six years with both coming last season - our worst since Malpas was here. For whatever reason, we tend to perform better away against Aberdeen than we do at home.

Up until last season we had only lost 3 times at Pittodrie since 2002. And never since 2008. Quite unbelievable actually.

A point won or two points lost? Doesn't really matter if you're a Motherwell supporter as mcghee is a complete nob who will make sure your club is shafted, not because he want's it but because he is completely useless as a manager. This is his ninth job in 14 years, (exluding Scotland) and that probably says it all. He has a 37% win rate. The worst Aberdeen manager ever and a celtic fan to boot. Scum!

Archived